• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: Straight Pull .30-06

JayBM

Morning all,

Following my renewal I've now got a space for a .30-06 and would like to fill it with a straight pull. Unfortunately funds are limited so I'm not able to stretch to a new Blaser etc.

Ideally looking for a 2nd hand rifle in excellent condition, including mod or at least threaded for one and the ability to attach a picatinny rail.

If anyone has something suitable or knows of one then please let me know.

Best wishes
James

EMcC

Have a look for a Browning Maral, there's a few about but maybe not been on the market long enough for any second hand ones to turn up just yet.
Look for a Demonstrator perhaps !!
I have one in 30-06 and won't part with it but others may have lost the novelty of it.
Good luck

JayBM

Thanks EMcC,

Maral is definitely on the list, I think we exchanged a few PMs about them last year. If I could track down a ex-demo or even 2nd hand one it would definitely help with the budget but as you say there aren't many about full stop, let alone 2nd hand ones. There also seems to be a distinct lack of them that are screw cut, I'm yet to find one advertised that is.

I've got a few months to find one so hopefully some patience will pay off.

EMcC

Mine came into the country screw cut.
It seems the ones with the Battue back sight are made for the European market and are aimed at the driven market to be used with iron sights and are not screw cut whereas the ones with the V rear sight are aimed at the UK market and are.

JayBM

The only problem is that with the non factory threaded rifles you end up having to remove the front sight to have them threaded. It's something I'd like to avoid if possible but do think I'll go and have a look at the one above. Thanks again for finding it, I somehow missed it despite checking guntrader on a daily basis.

Hotload

Are you sorted now?i also have a blaser
r93 in 30/06 and also have a 22-250 barrel and two mods and mounts.