• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • See how to change the advert prefix to Sold:.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Sold: Stunning Ross of London 3 draw Stalking Telescope with Original Case

caberslash

Regrettably I am having to sell my favorite 3 draw scope.

It is a Ross of London 3 draw Aluminum Stalking Scope made in the year of 1911, serial number 53111.

Length collapsed 10.5 inches, extended 32.5 inches approx.
Objective lens 48mm, weight of scope around 750-800g, weight with case approx 1kg.

SAM_1251.JPG

SAM_1253.JPG

SAM_1254.JPG

It is very unique as it has the Royal Warrant along with the manufacturer's address in gold still visible on the case, whilst it is by no means a pristine print it is still very visible and stands out well from the leather.

SAM_1245.JPG

SAM_1247.JPG

The leather stitching was professionally redone by McRostie of Glasgow. Their craftsmanship is superb and the case is ready for another century of use. Belt/strap is a WWII vintage (has an Ordinance number that is just visible) from a sniper's telescope case that I have been using with this one.

The scope has it's original lens cap (quite rare) along with the name and address of the former owner (H.R Vickers, Ranmoor Sheffield) engraved into the lens shade. Lovely patina on the lens cap and shade.

The leather hand guard is of a premium brown leather and all stitching is intact. All draws function smoothly as they were re-packed by myself with high quality felt and silicone grease. Lenses are undamaged and the scope delivers an excellent image with a crisp focus at approximately 20x.

Whilst this was certainly a special order piece, it has certainly seen a few stalks as there are some very minor scratches and dents but these are so small I cannot really take photo's that show them.

I would prefer to sell this in person so you can make your own assessment of the condition and quality of the glass, however I can post it to the buyer.

NOW SOLD.

Thank you.

Last edited:

caberslash

Thank you for the bumps guys, travel plans now confirmed, will be in Birmingham from Sunday the 22nd till Wednesday the 25th, then Edinburgh Thursday the 26th (very late around 11pm) till Friday the 27th.

Please let me know if you would like to view the scope before buying.

Cheers.

pop1

Having bought a Ross glass from caberslash I can honestly say you will be getting a well maintained, well cared for piece of history here. Don’t hesitate or you will regret it!! Thanks again caberslash, delighted with my glass, good luck with this sale