suitable alternative bullet head

Leica Amplus 6

agd7770

Hi all,
Im wondering if any of you can recomend a suitable replacement for the barnes triple shock 130g bullet head in .270?
I've tried all my usuall supppliers and cannot get them and the waiting time is now in months rather than weeks.
I prefer this bullet head as it seems to cause the least amount of damage to pelts.So any replacement would have to be centred on good penetration and minimal pelt damage.

kuwinda

....... I never knew 'bullets' had 'heads' - just goes to show ..........

Why worry about damage to pelts - are you selling them?

agd7770

quite a few of my clients want their trophys mounted and a gaping exit hole from a ballistic tip or equivelent tends to make the taxidermist wince slightly........... and it adds to their fees.

what do you call the pointed bit that sticks out the top of a case?
"the top bit"! as appossed to the "flat bottom bit"!???

splash

The bit that go's down the barrel is Bullet or projectile .

Head is the the bottom of the brass case hence the markings on it are called the head stamp

Paul 600

Hi all,
Im wondering if any of you can recomend a suitable replacement for the barnes triple shock 130g bullet head in .270?
I've tried all my usuall supppliers and cannot get them and the waiting time is now in months rather than weeks.
I prefer this bullet head as it seems to cause the least amount of damage to pelts.So any replacement would have to be centred on good penetration and minimal pelt damage.

There isn't one!:stir:

User00014

i have gone back onto sierra gamekings (only until they become available again!) as i only have 20 barnes 140 gn TSX left and im saving them for the red rut when simply no other bullet will do !

sharkey

Hi all,

Winchester 140 grn failsafes if you can find some. A bit harder ,but better performance & penetration.

Cheers Sharkey

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing