Supplier of Boyds stocks in the UK?

tikkathreebarrels

Hi guys. Whilst patiently awaiting the arrival of my Howa 7WSM I've been ogling Boyds stocks which are well received by members of this forum.

Question is, who imports and sells them in the UK?

badbob

+1

​ mine shoots OK as it is but I sure like those laminate Boyds

not sure if I want thumbhole lightweight or prairie hunter

I believe guys have had them shipped out from Boyds USA
Can someone confirm this... what about duties VAT etc.

Deanandrew64

send a pm to hairlesshunter on this forum, he has one on order at present i think, costs work out about £140 with taxes and import duty, stocks are 96 dollars each last time i checked boyds site

kennyc

as long as the price is less than $100 +shipping Boyds will post stocks to the UK, cheaper than anything you can get here and they do what it says on the box :D

hairlesshunter

As long as the stock you are after is under $100 usd you are ok any more and they will not sell to us in the uk . just ordered one for my t3 well ordered it on the 19th of this month still waiting for it to be shipped think they must have sold a shed load ie not shipped as yet they have even taken them off there web site. this as cost me $167.55 usd £104 that's $99 usd for the stock and $68.55 postage then when it arrives in the uk you have import and postage to pay which on my last stock I got for my howa was £ 30 / £34 hope this helps craig

nun_hunter

As long as the stock you are after is under $100 usd you are ok any more and they will not sell to us in the uk . just ordered one for my t3 well ordered it on the 19th of this month still waiting for it to be shipped think they must have sold a shed load ie not shipped as yet they have even taken them off there web site. this as cost me $167.55 usd £104 that's $99 usd for the stock and $68.55 postage then when it arrives in the uk you have import and postage to pay which on my last stock I got for my howa was £ 30 / £34 hope this helps craig

​Are they now doing Tikka T3 stocks then? I've been waiting for an email update from them when they were going to start producing them.

Deanandrew64

hi gixer1, is the thumbhole for a tikka t3, i want one for a sako 85 stainless in .308 sporter barrell, do you know how to order one for this model or are they not doing them for the sako 85 yet, ps stock looks great i have the pepper one on another rifle they feel superb in the hand, any info much appreciated, :thumb:

monarman

daft question which really should of been asked by my mate but he's too lazy....... do the stocks have to go to an rfd in this country or can anyone just go online and buy one to go to their home address? he's desperate for a thumbhole for his browning A-bolt and boyds are doing them for $74, bargain!

Jager SA

daft question which really should of been asked by my mate but he's too lazy....... do the stocks have to go to an rfd in this country or can anyone just go online and buy one to go to their home address? he's desperate for a thumbhole for his browning A-bolt and boyds are doing them for $74, bargain!

Tell him to get online and order it. :)

No need to ship to RFD.

monarman

thanks! will do!..... although no doubt he'll want me to do it as he's not just lazy but also crap with computers! tiling/floor laying and killing deer.... he's extremely good at them!
i'll end up fitting the damn too no doubt!!!

gixer1

You can just order them mate, i sold my Weatherby with this stock in 2008 or 2009 but the guy that bought it may be a member on here.

you can call Boyd's and have a chat - they are very helpful, I need mine adjusted to suit a Weatherby/howa action with a three stage Timney trigger and they gave me all the info on doing this, you can also order extra sling swivel studs if you want a separate bipod mount.

very good quality and lasted well while I had it.

regards,
​gixer

hairlesshunter

​Are they now doing Tikka T3 stocks then? I've been waiting for an email update from them when they were going to start producing them.

Yes they are doing the tikka t3 stock I ordered mine on the 19th but still waiting to be shipped think they have been over come with orders as they seem to have taken them off there web site just emailed bodys to find out the problem hope this helps

Simjim33

Why don't you go to B&Q. Get some 3/4" beech ply and some gorilla wood glue.
Get B&Q to cut into 7" wide by 36" long strips. also buy 10 bags of sand!

Now glue 3 strips together! And place the bags of sand on top. Leave until the glue sets.
Trace around your stock. And get to work with a belt sander.
Cheaper than a boyds and you get a couple of try's at it!

Its just ply wood after all!

User00003

:stir::D
Why don't you go to B&Q. Get some 3/4" beech ply and some gorilla wood glue.
Get B&Q to cut into 7" wide by 36" long strips. also buy 10 bags of sand!

Now glue 3 strips together! And place the bags of sand on top. Leave until the glue sets.
Trace around your stock. And get to work with a belt sander.
Cheaper than a boyds and you get a couple of try's at it!

Its just ply wood after all!

nun_hunter

Yes they are doing the tikka t3 stock I ordered mine on the 19th but still waiting to be shipped think they have been over come with orders as they seem to have taken them off there web site just emailed bodys to find out the problem hope this helps

brilliant would you mind posting the reply you get or pm me. I've been waiting ages for them to email me saying they would start making them. A thumb hole in woodland camo is my next purchase.

nun_hunter

Just emailed Boyds about the T3 and had a reply in less than 5 minutes!

We are manufacturing stocks for the Tikka T3. We came out with the stock on 10/16/13, but unfortunately we pulled them off of our site. The good news is that we expect to put them back on our site within the next week or two. Please keep checking back and when they are available, they will be listed under the Make as Tikka.

Thanks for your interest,