Swallow, Swift and Martin watch!

Overlay

One cuckoo, one reed warbler been looking since 06.00 hrs, dogs are knackered, off home for a fresh cuppa, thats from Rainham Marshes up to the kings ferry bridge

plenty of Brent and waders on the foreshore

Fosbery Holster

Heard then saw my first Swallow about an hour ago……I’d almost given up on them, last year l saw my first on the 4th April but usually they are here within the first two weeks of April so they are late this year…….on saying that l only saw the one so far, let’s hope we see lots more !

But this year we’ve been inundated with Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Siskin, Redpoll, Chaffinch, House Sparrow even Goldcrest have made an appearance along with some of the Tit family. Even feeding the local white Call Ducks and Guineafowl.

Last edited:

flatliner

Heard then saw my first Swallow about an hour ago……I’d almost given up on them, last year l saw my first on the 4th April but usually they are here within the first two weeks of April so they are late this year…….on saying that l only saw the one so far, let’s hope we see lots more !

Our one was on his own until earlier this week. Nice to hear them chittering in sheds first thing in the morning

Fosbery Holster

But this year we’ve been inundated with Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Siskin, Redpoll, Chaffinch, House Sparrow even Goldcrest have made an appearance along with some of the Tit family. Even feeding the local white Call Ducks and Guineafowl.

Just been out with my granddaughter and there’s more of the little sods chittering away in the village……..what a wonderful longed for sight and sound, summer has well and truly arrived !