swallows

philip

haven’t seen a swallow in kent for weeks, basking in a sunny high seat in Ashdown forest right now,
4 swallows on a electric cable 20 yds behind me i thought they had all gone south now - beautiful birds

kes

I saw two on saturday last, South Wales. I feel sure they are 'northerners' delayed on their way through, by the recent sunshine

dartmoordog

They have all congregated in Devon, but then again why wouldn’t they, it is the finest county in this fine land after all. :rofl:

dunwater

Swallows are gone at least 10 days, still a few house martins drifting south, latest I've ever seen them is early November.

Cyres

I was up at the RHS Malvern show on Sat and saw quite a few house martins flying over the 3 Counties show ground.

D

Feugh

I was surprised to see one just outside Aberdeen last Saturday. No doubt regarding the identification, I had my binoculars with me.

camodog

Saw around a dozen swallows yesterday afternoon flying through Tebay. As 'Woodsmoke' mentioned, it is sad to see them leave. Not wishing my life away, but I always look forward to their return.

Disco Stu

9 sat on the phone wire this afternoon in Preston, won’t be long til they depart. Their arrival always lifts my spirits and when the last ones leave it is a reminder winter is fast approaching.

philip

Out the on the Rainham marshes today, Martins everywhere, it was like a summers day, brilliant sunshine and warm

sundog

I saw a couple of swallows swooping around some trees in Stornoway yesterday morning,hope they've not left it too late. Today a big flock of fieldfares were feeding in some rowan trees.