Swarovski / Leica warranty

Sidney

Hi all I'm considering treating myself to some new binoculars. Could anyone tell me if the swaro's and Leica 's still carry a lifetime warranty if purchased from new?. Thanks Sidney

Sidney

Thanks for that not very good then when your spending 2k. I wonder why they have changed from the lifetime warranty.

the scudd

not sure, also i think the warranty on swarovski electrics is 2 years though when the red dot on my swaro scope failed after 4 years they fixed it foc

bewsher500

None of them do
in principal the warranty is significantly better than any other high end technical product
once past the full warranty period you will find the cover is parts only
still good considering

you can spend £100k on a car with significantly more chance of component failure and get a 3 yr standard warranty

wouldnt be too upset

I. Farticus

I think Minox offer Lifetime Warranty, but they (and a couple of others) are the exception to the rule...

It's one good reason to buy "previously loved" Swaro optics, as the older stuff same with a 30 year warranty. Get them serviced, and you've got kit that will go on and on

I've got a PH 1.25-4x24 scope that was built in 2000, and has 4 years more warranty than a brand new Z8i 1-8x24 costing £1300 more

leec6.5

Leica warranty is second to none, had the rubber armouring replaced on my ultra vids, collected via UPS at their coat and delivered back to me within 13 days after a complete refurb.

Akeld

Depends on models really, especially if electronics are involved, the glass always has more warranty than the electrics which makes sense when you think of it.

Sidney

Thanks for your replies and help it does make me feel more at ease with buying a new pair of binoculars. I was considering a rangefinder model I'm not so fussed about the ballistic data at this moment in time. Now its decision time the Leica's or the Swarovski they seem pretty much on par but there is a price difference as most are aware off.
DECISION DECISION TIME :)

Uncle f

Never used The geovids or have any experience of them but I have the EL Rangfinders from Swarovski and they are first class in my opinion
i think for the money either would be a great addition
regards steve

Chris J

For what it's worth, I have used the Swarovski free warranty and their 'paid for' repair service on a few occasions and it's been nothing short of staggering. And, some of that was on a transferred warranty from some binos I bought from a mate. I had a pair damaged in an accident and they completely rebuilt them and replaced lenses etc and including the shipping cost me £164 on a pair of ELs. I had a pair of SLCs fully rebuilt with a new outer casing and a new lens - the bill - £0.00. I've had many pairs of lens covers and straps replaced FOC after losing them or some-such. I can't recommend them highly enough. Of course optically they are superb too.

Last edited:

NigelM

I sat in a high double seat just before Christmas with a mate who has the Swarovski RF and compared them with my Leica HD-B's. Kept swapping as it got darker and our conclusion was there was little to no difference in the optics. I went for the Leica's as I run turrets on the scopes and wanted the correction function they offer. Both are very impressive.