Swarovski vs Sightron opinions ?

Dax

hi guys

im just about to buy a new better magnification scope with illuminated reticle and im looking for some experienced advice and an answer please

is swaro z6i really worth £1000 more than the equivalent Sightron scope with illumination and same magnification ???

thanks in advance guys

Depends on several things.
Is your credit card paid off every month?
is mortgage paid up
do you have a spare £1000 sitting in bank with no obvious use.
Thing i have noticed when i stretch on a toy is that things conspire to break down within a very short time

Depends on several things.
Is your credit card paid off every month?
is mortgage paid up
do you have a spare £1000 sitting in bank with no obvious use.
Thing i have noticed when i stretch on a toy is that things conspire to break down within a very short time
If the Swarovski is double the price, do you get double the scope ? Nope. It may be 2-3 mins longer at dusk, but is that worth a grand ? Sightrons are a very good scope for the money, and your not paying a premium for a 'name'

Pete

Literally 30 mins ago just opened the box on new Sightron S-tac scope & seriously impressed with 1st impressions

Paul

hi guys

im just about to buy a new better magnification scope with illuminated reticle and im looking for some experienced advice and an answer please

is swaro z6i really worth £1000 more than the equivalent Sightron scope with illumination and same magnification ???

thanks in advance guys

I suppose the same question could be asked bout about the Sightron scope - Is the Sightron scope worth 30 % more than the Vortex equivalent - The optics seem very comparable and the Vortex warrenttee cannot be beat. Sightron are very good scopes BTW

Have you considered a second hand Swaro thats in mint condition. The price to a new Sightron might be more appealing.... thats the way I would go.

ATB
Alan

I have just mulled over the same thing and reached the conclusion to buy the best quality scope. I would have a serious look at macleods of Tain website as they have a large selection of ex demo scopes with warranties at excellent prices. By doing this I spent possibly 300 more than the Sightron I was looking at but ended up with a top notch scope.

I suppose the same question could be asked bout about the Sightron scope - Is the Sightron scope worth 30 % more than the Vortex equivalent - The optics seem very comparable and the Vortex warrenttee cannot be beat. Sightron are very good scopes BTW

Have you considered a second hand Swaro thats in mint condition. The price to a new Sightron might be more appealing.... thats the way I would go.

ATB
Alan

Agreed, vortex are great scopes for the money. But I have found with the few I've looked through, although the glass is good, the eye 'box' is a bit fussy on higher mag, but great otherwise. I'd have one if I needed another scope

Pete

Well new s-tac Sightron was stuck on to the .25cal last night , managed to nip out this morning & zero it ,
chuffed to bits , feels good , looks ok , and I love the reticle ( MOA)
also the fact that the illumination is just the centre dot is great, the vortex the whole reticle illuminates & I saw an IOR that did same & didn't like it ... Too distracting whilst lamping

also so the variable brightness level knob has an "off " in between each setting so you only ever need one click or turn from setting you like

also comes with flip up scope covers ..so do one butler creeks !!!

early days but I like it

paul

Back