Swarovski z5

7mmNick

For those that may own one, or have used one, you will know how much of a neat little scope the Swarovski z5 is and how much it can offer.

Ive recently been looking for one in the ballistic turret version but found to my disgust hat they are discontinued!!

I realize that time moves on and equipment progresses but comon!
If theres any second hand ones around that someone would like to sell on let me know
Why would they do that? Not successful enough? Decide to go a slightly different route with the next model?

Nick

Cottis

Mcavoys did have some a while back. Not sure if they still do but they were a possible for me a while back when I was looking for a lightweight scope but they just did not quite do everything I wanted, so I went with a small increase in weight and opted for a 2.5-25 March. Just over 600g with amazing illumination modules that you can spec to your own requirements. They are more money however. I was not expecting it to be quite as good as it has been. It sits very neatly on the rifle. I think I have finally found the perfect scope for my requirements.

Good luck finding your Z5, they are certainly good glass. I guess people want bells and whistles, IR's, more ret choice and more turret travel, hence bigger tubes etc. For stuff under 400yds or so though, it is hard to look past what the Z5 can do for deer sized targets. Good luck finding one.

dropmdead

It's a fantastic scope personally, it just didn't have any gadgets to sell the scope as a "better next year" model.

Wiz240

I’ve got a Z5 5-25x52 it‘s a great scope in my opinion. But like “dropmdead” said if you want the extras forget about it. I am looking for a sunshade for mine and I can’t find any off the shelf ones that will fit.

I’m wondering will the front mounted NV/Thermal would fit mine as it is a odd size....
Is it a good scope? Yes.
Would I buy it again? Doubt it because of the odd size objective lens.

These are just my views however.

dropmdead

I’ve got a Z5 5-25x52 it‘s a great scope in my opinion. But like “dropmdead” said if you want the extras forget about it. I am looking for a sunshade for mine and I can’t find any off the shelf ones that will fit.

I’m wondering will the front mounted NV/Thermal would fit mine as it is a odd size....
Is it a good scope? Yes.
Would I buy it again? Doubt it because of the odd size objective lens.

These are just my views however.
March scopes offer 52mm optics, maybe one of their sunshades fit.