Swarovski Z6i vs Meopta Meostar R2

Tazz

Lots of opinion not much in the way of facts and given what you actually “pay $1000 for more” with the Swaro there was no mention of looking through them ( call me Mr hair spitter)

kaku3428

Lots of opinion not much in the way of facts and given what you actually “pay $1000 for more” with the Swaro there was no mention of looking through them ( call me Mr hair spitter)
I ran out of phone storage while making this video. To answer your question, I briefly mentioned that Meopta is more contrasty and warm where Swarovski is whiter/colder in colors. If you just compare glass that there is no difference but only difference in preference. One person likes strawberry flavor while other likes vanilla. They both are exceptionally clear, sharp and bright.
Meopta looks like Leica ultravids if you want to understand the color palette.
If I put Meopta glass in Swarovski tubes, you will never know! Yes it is like splitting hairs.

Tazz

I ran out of phone storage while making this video. To answer your question, I briefly mentioned that Meopta is more contrasty and warm where Swarovski is whiter/colder in colors. If you just compare glass that there is no difference but only difference in preference. One person likes strawberry flavor while other likes vanilla. They both are exceptionally clear, sharp and bright.
Meopta looks like Leica ultravids if you want to understand the color palette.
If I put Meopta glass in Swarovski tubes, you will never know! Yes it is like splitting hairs.
I have looked through both and a number of other mid/high end scopes, I will continue to be a Swarovski customer. You can make the same argument with cars measuring BMW/Mercs/Porches against Ford/Toyota etc on a simple level they have four wheels etc but generally if you are a car enthusiast you know what you are paying the extra money for IMHO

kaku3428

I have looked through both and a number of other mid/high end scopes, I will continue to be a Swarovski customer. You can make the same argument with cars measuring BMW/Mercs/Porches against Ford/Toyota etc on a simple level they have four wheels etc but generally if you are a car enthusiast you know what you are paying the extra money for
All eyes are different. If you like Swarovski better than it is great!

404Shooter

I was lucky in that I was able to look through a number of high end scopes before I settled on the R2. I honestly, genuinely couldn’t see sufficient difference to warrant the additional £1k price tag. That said, I wisely invested the money I saved in a Nightforce FFP scope and a Swaro CTC draw scope. The latter is phenomenal!

kaku3428

It will be matter of choice as well. I have no budget restrictions but I still prefer Meopta. I rather drag $1000 scope through mud and bushes vs $2400 scope if they are equally good.
It's good news for those on a budget that's for sure!

Essex stalker

What is the resale value of the Meopta like ?, the good thing with the Swaro is if you look after it you know you will always get a good price for it should you want to sell

kaku3428

What is the resale value of the Meopta like ?, the good thing with the Swaro is if you look after it you know you will always get a good price for it should you want to sell
I have sold few Swarovski scopes recently and the resale is not all that good because people are picky with reticles. You will loose 30% which will be $500 to $600. On the other hand you buy Meopta for $1100 and you will loose $300 to $400. If you see the percentage is higher but amount is actually lower.

In my experience, Z6i wins hands down this comparison. It has a much better field of view, a much better illumination system, and is much brighter in low-light situations.

Meopta is however noticeable cheaper and thus a good option in its class. But to my eyes it cannot be compared with Z6i and the likes.

kaku3428

In my experience, Z6i wins hands down this comparison. It has a much better field of view, a much better illumination system, and is much brighter in low-light situations.

Meopta is however noticeable cheaper and thus a good option in its class. But to my eyes it cannot be compared with Z6i and the likes.
I respect your opinion and agree Swarovski has slightly better field of view and illumination system. But image quality and brightness is not that far apart.
Can you please do a field review comparing these scopes and show the audience how much difference there is just based on brightness ?

Uncle f

Please consider the Swarovski warranty and customer service. It’s worth the cost alone!!!! Plus the z6i is a better scope
meopta can’t complete. Fact

We are just in the making of the article about the low light performance after 3 different testing events. As I wrote earlier, the Z6i is noticeably brighter than MeoStar R2. Meostar R1 is also brighter than R2, which is expected due to the lower zoom ratio. In daytime performance, R2 is normally much better than R1.

I am adding just a phone snap shots from one of the tests (about 10 scopes that were tested is still missing on this photo but better photos and videos will be included in the article).

20210602_190106.jpg

kaku3428

We are just in the making of the article about the low light performance after 3 different testing events. As I wrote earlier, the Z6i is noticeably brighter than MeoStar R2. Meostar R1 is also brighter than R2, which is expected due to the lower zoom ratio. In daytime performance, R2 is normally much better than R1.

I am adding just a phone snap shots from one of the tests (about 10 scopes that were tested is still missing on this photo but better photos and videos will be included in the article).

View attachment 212253
Very nice. Super excited about the article. In USA we can only hunt in certain hours. If it is past that then we cannot hunt regardless how much light is still left.
My assumption is that Swarovski may have an edge in low light performance but it should be way past the legal light for USA hunters.

Last edited: