Swedteam ultralight anorak/smock

SimpleSimon

Hi all
Anybody have any experience of the above? Seems a decent price but would be interested to hear how it performs in terms of waterproof and breathability, and whether it's tough enough in the face of thorns, etc.

Milligan

I've had the smock for 2years. I only really use it on annual hill stalking in Jan and it's held up fine on both occasions since.
Waterproof is good as anything else with decent zips, hood and neoprene cuffs and the smock comes down low so keeps your middle bits dry.
It is quite thin so not sure about thorns etc but I've not put any holes in it yet.
Smock is great but not as much flexibility for venting as a jacket...

SimpleSimon

I've had the smock for 2years. I only really use it on annual hill stalking in Jan and it's held up fine on both occasions since.
Waterproof is good as anything else with decent zips, hood and neoprene cuffs and the smock comes down low so keeps your middle bits dry.
It is quite thin so not sure about thorns etc but I've not put any holes in it yet.
Smock is great but not as much flexibility for venting as a jacket...
Thanks for that, food for thought. How do you find the sizing?

Milligan

Generous. I am 6'2 and fairly lean take a 44r suit but ended up with a 42" smock.

A mate who is more substantial tried the 44 before it went back but struggled with it. I think he struggled getting it on but once on they are fairly large.

Thinking about it, if you want super robust the seeland beater etc are heavier fabric but noise is the trade.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SimpleSimon

Thanks, that's helpful. I don't think I need it to be super robust, as long as it isn't paper thin either... I guess the thing to do is order one well in advance of winter and see if I like it so I've got time to send it back and find something else if not!