Available: Syndicate places mull of kintyre

slack chamber

I have available 4 places in a new syndicate I have aquired on the mull of kintyre it’s approximately 850 hectares of woodland with some open moorland cull figers are 50 Sika 25 roe and 10 red price is £1500 per gun , there is a heavy population of Sika in the area , need all relevant certificates inc dsc2 but will consider level1 if you are working actively towards level 2 , I will be arranging 2 viewing opportunities in the next couple of weeks so I can meet potential members and show them the ground ,

slack chamber

Hi to all that sent pms I have replied to everyone I think and some don’t answer there phones! I will wade through all the info I have got and get back to you in due course

Timney

Those living within 100 miles need not apply! :banghead: No chance of getting any stalking if you actually live in the area!

gsorense

Those living within 100 miles need not apply! :banghead: No chance of getting any stalking if you actually live in the area!

Presumably because the other members live some distance away and they are worried a local guy would hammer it between their visits? Shame if so.

sikasako

Disgraceful.

Its a shame that some people apparently lack trust and as a consequence can't run a syndicate on a fair basis.

slack chamber

I have been running syndicates for 40 years and the only grievances that arise are when a member lives on the doorstep and can go at the drop of a hat , this as a result creates hassle that I don’t need between the other members who have to plan there visits in advance, each to there own but I have found this the best solution.

Bugsy

I can see where your coming from slack chamber but we have 2 syndicate members who stay 10 miles from the shoot and keep an eye on the ground and who is coming and going by dropping in and having a scout about ,they don't always take there rifles because they don't want to milk it and **** the other syndicate members.I stay 85 miles away and totally trust the other guys.But everybody has different thoughts.

sikasako

I have been running syndicates for 40 years and the only grievances that arise are when a member lives on the doorstep and can go at the drop of a hat , this as a result creates hassle that I don’t need between the other members who have to plan there visits in advance, each to there own but I have found this the best solution.

The deer stalking syndicates that I am in use WhatsApp to co-ordinate all outings.

That way it is really easy to know who is planning to be on the ground at any given time and identifies whether any individuals are making more use of the stalking than others. (Which can then be dealt with, should the need arise).

If you genuinely intend to meet your cull targets (especially on the sika) then I suggest that support from local stalkers should be actively encouraged, rather than discouraged.

Tom D

I’m probably within 100 miles of the mill of kintyre. But it takes me 3.5 hours to get to lochgilphead. That’s a pretty petty move imo.

topscots1

I live within 30 miles of the ground I am a member of, I’m on it less than members that live 400 miles away, work commitments life commitments all add up. I can understand the concerns but believe them to be unfounded certainly on both syndicates I have been a member of

corky

Each to there own but personally I make sure there is local guns in all syndicates- you can't beat local knowledge.
If there is restocks on the ground then a week with nobody on it can see you having to explain a lot of damage.
Likewise little and often for visits will always beat someone in for a week solid- deer soon go shy when there are folk in all the time.
from personal experience real life gets in the way for most people and I find that the people closest are often there the least unless they have a lot of time on their hands but simple solutions like giving people that are travelling further priority when they are due to visit is an easy fix and keeps everyone happy.
If you get decent reliable guys to start then you are on a winner.

gsorense

Its up to the leaseholder to determine the rules, but I think its unfortunate that in this case the locals are being excluded from ground by people living in a different country!

scotsgun

Oh god, this old chestnut. Why can't some folks see a local with the ability to keep an eye on the ground and quickly pop over if there's ever a need, as a benefit? A policy purely driven by insecurity. Totally avoided by establishing simple booking rules - one booking per stalker at a time, can't book again until current booking expires, max number of days per period unless permission sought, etc

Its policies like this, that creates resentments and encourages grievances against non-locals. I'm aware of several syndicates that won't accept stalkers living in England because members have previously been immediately excluded from applying for other syndicates, by predominantly English using this very rule.

Could you imagine the can of worms, should anyone consider themselves being victimised or descriminated and threatened legal action against the lease holder and/or landowner ?

victormeldrew

Some wise words from scotsgun.
I happen to live within 100 miles of The Mull of Kintyre & would therefore be automatically excluded from the syndicate. I disagree with this policy, although I probably wouldn't have applied for other reasons.

As far as I am concerned the leaseholder makes the rules and that's the bottom line, his geographical location is irrelevant.

victor

tom308w

Oh god, this old chestnut. Why can't some folks see a local with the ability to keep an eye on the ground and quickly pop over if there's ever a need, as a benefit? A policy purely driven by insecurity. Totally avoided by establishing simple booking rules - one booking per stalker at a time, can't book again until current booking expires, max number of days per period unless permission sought, etc

Its policies like this, that creates resentments and encourages grievances against non-locals. I'm aware of several syndicates that won't accept stalkers living in England because members have previously been immediately excluded from applying for other syndicates, by predominantly English using this very rule.

Could you imagine the can of worms, should anyone consider themselves being victimised or descriminated and threatened legal action against the lease holder and/or landowner ?
Scotsgun there are hundreds of thousands of acres in Scotland owned by foreign nationals were you couldn’t get a look in .the leaseholder is the one who decides the rules.i was on one syndicate with him when 4 locals were there not 1 A’s was supposed to be so you can see why he’s gone this route.
regards tom

Ranger22

It’s a shame that people don’t trust others. You could turn the lease condition around and only allow people within 100 miles to join the syndicate. I’m sure the forest managers would much prefer people to be close and be able to react to the weather.