Talk about taking the p**s!

Yet another example of where this country is getting it wrong - where it anything else the perp could have been told to pick it up and bin it - how could that be done with urine?
As an important aside Mr Loophole is absolutely correct in this quote:-
"But what we need to do is look at what Parliament intended to achieve when it passed this legislation. What was the spirit of this legislation?"
Increasingly often the authorities who administer/enforce legislation choose to ignore this fundamental “spirit” to suit their own ends.
Just saying..
🦊🦊

Last edited:
Legally incorrect in this instance, but I must admit I can't stand seeing grown men pisßing by side of road/lay-bys. Ok this guy had prostate issues but majority don't. You're not a toddler, just hold it in ffs. I 100% of time lay it on loud on horn as I go past hopefully resulting in splashback.

Ridiculous attempted misuse of powers. I'd think the definitive way to settle the issue is to accept the council's argument that urination was littering, in which case the correct course of action would be to urinate in the litter bin.

Legally incorrect in this instance, but I must admit I can't stand seeing grown men pisßing by side of road/lay-bys. Ok this guy had prostate issues but majority don't. You're not a toddler, just hold it in ffs. I 100% of time lay it on loud on horn as I go past hopefully resulting in splashback.
How do you know the majority of people urinating at roadside don't have prostate issues? It's a very common condition.

How do you know the majority of people urinating at roadside don't have prostate issues? It's a very common condition.
Relax - he will find out all about this in the not too distant future…
As an aside a good pal has a serious prostate issue and has been provided with a bracelet which states this - in theory he shows this to any establishment and should be granted the use of staff toilets where no public ones exist. So far this has worked very well.
🦊🦊

Ridiculous attempted misuse of powers. I'd think the definitive way to settle the issue is to accept the council's argument that urination was littering, in which case the correct course of action would be to urinate in the litter bin.
Great answer!
Of course any right thinking public-spirited chap would follow recent anti-litter adverts and simply “take it home”….
🦊🦊

In itself an offence, sounding the horn for anything other than its intended use, Just sayi'n,:lol:

Agreed it is common & not discussed enough (my dad died of prostate cancer last year).

But I'm going on numbers of confirmed diagnosis Vs how often you see young blokes/pisßheads thinking it's ok to wee where they like, including where kids are.

I believe that, ever since Queen Victoria's favourite coachman died from a burst bladder because he was too embarrassed to ask Her Majesty for permission to stop and wee, it has been legal for drivers to urinate by the side of their vehicles.
(But it might only apply to London cabbies. I'm not sure about the details).

Great answer!
Of course any right thinking public-spirited chap would follow recent anti-litter adverts and simply “take it home”….
🦊🦊
Given the parlous state of the nation's sewage system, I strongly suspect that the public-spirited chap would be doing better for the environment by going al fresco, certainly if it is raining.

I believe that, ever since Queen Victoria's favourite coachman died from a burst bladder because he was too embarrassed to ask Her Majesty for permission to stop and wee, it has been legal for drivers to urinate by the side of their vehicles.
(But it might only apply to London cabbies. I'm not sure about the details).
I seem to recall that if doing so, one hand must remain on the side of the conveyance.

Agreed it is common & not discussed enough (my dad died of prostate cancer last year).

But I'm going on numbers of confirmed diagnosis Vs how often you see young blokes/pisßheads thinking it's ok to wee where they like, including where kids are.
I have had prostate issues since I was in my early thirties. Stopping for a discrete pee in a public place is definitely preferable to ending my journey with wet trousers.
It only becomes a problem when people repeatedly use the same area, and drop other litter as well. Personally, I tend to pee right alongside my vehicle so it runs away along the gutter and down the nearest drain.

Given the option of soiling myself and my car or risking prosecution, I’ll take my chances with the law.
I’ve been caught short a few times, and frankly it will take a damn sight more than an act of parliament to prevent me from exercising my common sense and my constitutional right as a male to pee wherever circumstances dictate.
I just made up the constitution bit, but as an aside, could you see a female being prosecuted in similar circumstances?
Me neither.

I just made up the constitution bit, but as an aside, could you see a female being prosecuted in similar circumstances?

On one of the regular Treks up North of the Wall, MrsS62 got caught short.

I pulled over in a lay-by and she dismounted, opened both nearside doors to make a 'privacy' area and got on with what need to be done.

I waited until she was 'committed' and then pulled slowly away.

Whilst I can still see the funny side of this, she (or her lawyer) cannot...

Unknown-2.jpeg:oops:

I'm sure when this legislation was brought in, it was aimed at the usual suspects on the way home from the pub who just decided to have a **** down a back alley! Edinburgh and Glasgow are renowned for this - although I suspect any town will have it's own experiences. It does seem a bit heavy handed if someone with prostate/bladder problems is punished like this - funnily enough I never see the bus loads of football fans stopping for a "leg stretch" on the A77 getting ticketed!

On one of the regular Treks up North of the Wall, MrsS62 got caught short.

I pulled over in a lay-by and she dismounted, opened both nearside doors to make a 'privacy' area and got on with what need to be done.

I waited until she was 'committed' and then pulled slowly away.

Whilst I can still see the funny side of this, she (or her lawyer) cannot...

View attachment 340502:oops:
I’m surprised she bothered with the paperwork, under the circumstances no Irish jury would have convicted……

IMG_1570.jpeg

Back