Temporary help out of a bind with a Permission?

NewForester

Hello

I am in a bit of a bind in that I did have a Permission to stalk on but my contact is moving and the new owners are not keen on "killing animals" as they put it.

I need to renew my licence and to specify that I have somewhere where I am allowed to stalk.

Would anyone here be prepared to agree to allow me to stalk on their land? This would just be until I sort out another Permission and not likely that I would actually stalk there.

I understand that this would be a bit of an inconvenience for the person doing it and I am prepared to pay some money for doing this.

Any thoughts?

Chris.

Taff

I thought he was asking if anyone had stalking he could lease until he got more land, if this had been half way through his license time it would not matter, sorry mate i have nothing.

Dalua

Assuming it's not possible to talk the new owners round with the responsible managment of natural resource/free free-range humanely-culled venison schtick; is there really so much to worry about re. the FAC?

I've no ground of my own, but take a few weeks at hinds annually. I'd have thought that the FEO would accept that you were on the look-out for new ground and that in the mean time you might let some stalking by the day and/or use your rifle/s to practice with.

Might be worth talking through with them?

Last edited:

375 mag

Book some stalking with a trade member on here that should then cover your renewal if you have future stalking booked.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Why not simply buy a couple of days stalking rather than getting others involved in what could possibly be seen as a deception in the eyes of the police?

woodmaster

Good chance for you to show the new owners the benifit of the current deer management. I.e low damage to trees and flora. Explain the need for deer control and the benifits it has on the environment they are now lucky enough to own. Take them some venison round and let them try some of their own meat and offer to supply them in the future. Stalking is hard to come by (I should know I ain't managed to get my own yet) and you need to work to retain it.
Don't worry about the FAC you only need good reason to be granted a ticket. Your reason is you will be going stalking deer. End of. All this b***ocks about having named land etc is just not in the rules. I was granted a rifle to shoot moose but I ain't got any on my syndicate.
I think you're never going to get someone to do as you suggest. I can't even find ground as a 'propper' syndicate member with high seats, quad, dsc2 la la la.
Hope you manage to keep your ground but just put some leg work in.

teyhan1

help?

If no one closer to home comes to your aid then drop me a PM.
I have a piece of land near Wimborne, Dorset that I don't get out to too often.
You can use it on your licence. I'll introduce you to the landowner.
But there will be conditions.

Shropshire Dan

Great offer mate well done ;)

shaun22/250

I have no land with deer on, I only do paid stalks, both my .243 and .270 are conditioned for deer and no probs with renewal even though i only had 2 stalks last year and no deer were shot.

Archer

I have no land with deer on, I only do paid stalks, both my .243 and .270 are conditioned for deer and no probs with renewal even though i only had 2 stalks last year and no deer were shot.
243 and 308 for me and no probs with renewal 2years ago even though I too only had 2 paid stalks that year year and no deer taken

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Whilst it is very good of some of the lads on here to offer you a chance at piece of land, you only need to tell the police on renewal the following.

On your ticket it should read where I am by invitation or payment to stalk deer. Then book a couple of stalks with any full time stalker and produce a receipt and that is evidence enough of the use of the rifle.

woodmaster

You could do as Malc suggests but there really is no need. You only need good reason for possession. Your reason is yo intend to stalk deer. It's not relevant whether that is by invitation, paid stalking, your own land or land over which you have the stalking right. Don't lets start having more conditions added to tickets and the 'need' for proof of stalking or bookings encouraged.

Pedro

You could do as Malc suggests but there really is no need. You only need good reason for possession. Your reason is yo intend to stalk deer. It's not relevant whether that is by invitation, paid stalking, your own land or land over which you have the stalking right. Don't lets start having more conditions added to tickets and the 'need' for proof of stalking or bookings encouraged.
Hmm. I think the "good reason" would involve a little more than just an intention to stalk. I'm not sure it's unreasonable to ask for something that indicates that the intention is a genuine one and not just to renew the certificate because he's got no land to stalk over now. Which is actually what it is at present.

In the meantime this new year, I intend to lose a couple of stone. I did intend to lose it last year. But this time I really mean it. :)

kingsdeer

well done :tiphat:

6pointer

Account Suspended
Whilst it is very good of some of the lads on here to offer you a chance at piece of land, you only need to tell the police on renewal the following.

On your ticket it should read where I am by invitation or payment to stalk deer. Then book a couple of stalks with any full time stalker and produce a receipt and that is evidence enough of the use of the rifle.
I agree this is the way to go. It is ok using the site to hold on to your ticket. But you will not loose it and site members might not be aware of that and jump to your aid when in fact it is not really needed. Stalking is getting harder to get and I am sure there will be others looking to use this avenue into our passion .May I say best of luck and I am sure you will get an area to stalk on quite easy there are many many syndicates that come up on here.

woodmaster

Hmm. I think the "good reason" would involve a little more than just an intention to stalk. I'm not sure it's unreasonable to ask for something that indicates that the intention is a genuine one and not just to renew the certificate because he's got no land to stalk over now. Which is actually what it is at present.

In the meantime this new year, I intend to lose a couple of stone. I did intend to lose it last year. But this time I really mean it. :)
You are quite right pedro, people do not always do what they intended to. This however does not make them lias or people of poor character. The fact that the OP is a current FAC holder, so presumably of good character, and that he has stalked deer would suggest that although he currently finds himself without ground named as his own does not diminish the intention to use a rifle to stalk deer on other land. Therefore I see no reason why his genuine intention should have to be proven by a booking or invitation. That is unless his character is in question and therefore the likelihood of a renewal looking slim.

tumbleweed

When i applied for my .243 i never had any land to shoot any deer but i marked on my application that i would be purchasing days elsewhere and that was my intention but i asked for permission off of loads of farmers and eventually got my prize due to the other farmers mentioning that i do a good job of taking care of their pests but i have heard now that the renewals and applications do mention that they now want the name of the farmer etc on the initial form...is this true???
Cheers Chris

tozzybum

didnt on mine .ive got .243./.308 for paid stalking. .when applying id booked 6 of them and the feo was happy with my proof of bookings.i suppose its down to the force of the area you live in and how they interpret the guidelines.luckily too my feo is a stalker in 3 syndicates himself so he understood how hard perms are to get around here.

Si

It's a familiar situation... Richie Rich the city slicker buys a place in the country cos his daughter want's a pony and his wife likes the "Good Life" idea of keeping chickens and growing vegetables.
All previous land management plans get shredded because wifey sees the lickle cute deer grazing in the fields as a status symbol (who wouldn't) but they don't realise that these animals if not controlled are highly destructive pests and they take the la la la I'm not listening approach to any suggestion that the deer need to be kept in check.
I lost a great bit of ground in W. Sussex to this very scenario, only small (approx 120 acres) but always saw deer every visit. That was over a year ago but I heard recently that a high seat has been put up. Maybe wifey has developed a taste for venison?