Terror Attack in NZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkey

Terrible tragedy. I am seeing from some sources that it was an armed citizen that stopped the 2nd mosque (Linwood) attack. The reports suggest after the first mosque the attacker(s) went to a second mosque for a repeat that was partially repelled by an armed citizen.
I doubt it very much (i'd be interested to see the sources). Maybe a brave unarmed citizen, but highly unlikely that Kiwis would carry firearms for anything other than hunting or pest control. Its just not that sort of place, which makes this tragedy even more cowardly & heinous.

Woodsmoke

Apparently three people have been arrested, one of whom is a well-known right-wing extremist. Somebody sent me the head-cam footage taken by the actual gunman via messenger. I couldn't even begin to watch it. 49 dead at the hands of a single gunman. Horrific

gonzo

YT have taken it down, but it keep circulating.
Poor buggers, just going about their dialy lives when this idiot walks in off the street.

J111

It'll be interesting to know where the firearms came from. Semi-auto is legal in NZ. If the Aussie was only visiting then presumably they were not lawfully held by him. Maybe by his accomplices or they are illegal firearms. I wonder if this will lead to semi-autos being outlawed.

kes

Very, very, sick people.
I would hope, but doubt, that NZ has retained the death penalty, since this is the act of pariahs who do not belong in man's family.
Thoughts go to all the families of the bereaved and injured whose lives are forever changed by today.

bobjs

very sad news

I am in the hospital waiting to be let home and I have only just seen this on the news,

very very sad.

bob.

kes

The news is suggesting a second mosque attack where 6 people died was stopped by the intervention of a citizen - the implication was 'armed citizen' but more likely some other 'intervention' I am advised.

ileso

what the **** is wrong with these people... you would think that aussies and newzealanders would be a bit more levelheaded given both countries are countries of migrants save for a few natives...
ffs... my thoughts go out to the victims families, for all the good that will do.

anyway here in portugal the media has begun having a field day going on about military weaponrty and automatic weapons... they cant help themselves.

nun_hunter

The problem is Muslims do not want to assimilate they want to take over so wherever they move to they cause problems and after a while they become hated now get used to it this will happen more and more.
Wow way to generalise nearly 2 billion people in one sweeping statement.

foxdropper

what the **** is wrong with these people... you would think that aussies and newzealanders would be a bit more levelheaded given both countries are countries of migrants save for a few natives...
ffs... my thoughts go out to the victims families, for all the good that will do.

anyway here in portugal the media has begun having a field day going on about military weaponrty and automatic weapons... they cant help themselves.
Maybe just maybe they have seen the rest of the world and the impact of Islam and a few took it upon themselves to rectify before it become a problem .
If these threads are allowed in the first place admin has to expect a few politically uncorrect answers .
I pity my children and their children to be honest .

Status
Not open for further replies.