Terror Attack in NZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kes

Early news reports suggest a coordinated attack on 2 mosques in Auckland ? Also 'active shooters' or simply 'gunmen' elsewhere and bomb squads called to unclaimed luggage in main rail stations.
Anyone heard anything as BBC and others are so blinded by Brexit that nothing showing as yet.
Any idea who, why ?
it sounds most unusual for it to be Mosques ? Quotes suggest 49 dead.
So sad if true.

It is all over the BBC. World news this morning from very early and all over their website as the lead story.

It was Christchurch & my sister is an A&E consultant there & has just finished the worst shift of her life.

On BBC 2 now the animal was shooting people in the back as they ran away ,some Aussie extremist and his cronies with automatic weapons .My thoughts are with the poor victims and their families at this time

The most baffling thing is that the atrocity was planned and executed by an Australian born extremist, in New Zealand, and who has published a "manifesto" railing against immigration into western countries. I don't supposed we're meant to look for logical thought patterns in the psyche of an extremist, murdering bigot.

So far we know the guy who streamed it was an Aussie from the mid north coast of NSW. He has written all over his tacticool black guns in white paint marker & allegedly posted the threat a day ago as well as a 80 odd page racial rant slash "manifesto" several days ago. The guy was a classic "mall ninja", he posted hate on public media & still somehow flew under the radar? This is a horrible tragedy which hopefully is never repeated.

No, he also said a "war" is coming, this case will be treated "differently" & "god is great" in Arabic. It's certainly enough for me to raise an eyebrow as to the intended message of the post.

No, he also said a "war" is coming, this case will be treated "differently" & "god is great" in Arabic. It's certainly enough for me to raise an eyebrow as to the intended message of the post.
Have you seen anyone coming out in the attackers defence screaming he’s a lone wolf with mental health problems .....? Certainly different

Have you seen anyone coming out in the attackers defence screaming he’s a lone wolf with mental health problems .....? Certainly different
I have seen someone say "the start of the war which is coming". You be the judge on that mate.

No chance with the usual right wing heavy hitters on here who can't bite their tongues for one second even in the face of tradegy.

Ditto in reverse my left wing friend. Try biting yours.

A bloody awful thing to happen as are all terror attacks. I'm afraid the "war" started many years ago and unfortunately will never end. Whilst we have and are having jihad declared agsinst Western culture sooner or later revenge attacks will happen it's tragic but will be part of a horrible future. I thought and hoped it would cease after Aden but they are still at it there, what a waste of our time that was. Just glad I'm old and won't see it in full.

Terrible tragedy. I am seeing from some sources that it was an armed citizen that stopped the 2nd mosque (Linwood) attack. The reports suggest after the first mosque the attacker(s) went to a second mosque for a repeat that was partially repelled by an armed citizen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back