Thames Valley Police - not issuing FACs

High time BASC et al got off their well padded rears and actively challenged this farce instead of messing about with lead shot bans and game selling organisations

Covid seems to be the stock excuse of every government for doing sweet nothing. Yes people are off sick, and people are working from home, but blanket stop doing anything.

Those of us in the private sector really don’t have the luxury.

I had pretty much the same problem.
Those golf balls make spectacular targets though. They don’t half fly when hit.
Golf balls used to be a favourite of a long passed dog, Toby would grip the ball just hard enough for the wound up elastic to start to explode from within, Then he would go mental killing it.:norty:

High time BASC et al got off their well padded rears and actively challenged this farce instead of messing about with lead shot bans and game selling organisations
Be careful with that one!, you will be getting lumped in with me & a good few others & labelled " A Basher ":lol:

I thought that I had read somewhere that a few weeks back BASC or was it the NGO and possibly some of the other shooting organisations had made an approach to the Home Office about this, but for the life of me I can't find a record of it anywhere.

I thought that I had read somewhere that a few weeks back BASC or was it the NGO and possibly some of the other shooting organisations had made an approach to the Home Office about this, but for the life of me I can't find a record of it anywhere.
Wishful thinking Mike?:-|

Golf balls used to be a favourite of a long passed dog, Toby would grip the ball just hard enough for the wound up elastic to start to explode from within, Then he would go mental killing it.:norty:
They don’t seem to be made up of wound up elastic anymore. The ones that I have seen the insides of recently are solid rubber. I do remember cutting some of the other ones open and them literally exploding everywhere when the cover came off.

Evening all,

I was just about to apply for my FAC (finally after years of guided stalks) and have seen that Thames Valley Police are not accepting new applications for FACs or SGCs “due to covid”.

Does anyone know if this a long-standing issue or if there is any timeframe for re-opening application?

Cheers
I just went to apply for mine, same situation.

Essex police not accepting for the same reason.

Wonder how long we will have to wait..

Your area are doing better then Gwent, my variation went in on 25 November, nothing as yet, obviously we have had Xmas holidays recently so doubt anything would be done then, would like to have it back soon though.
Xmas holidays?
I put in a variation request to GMP a little over a week before Christmas break.
Received a phone call at 21.30 from Firearms Officer wanting clarification on a point.
Sorted that out then said I was surprised but pleased to get a phone call at that time.
He said….We have lots of variations in just now and we’re endeavouring to get them all done before we finish for Christmas so no one is inconvenienced if wanting to shop over the festive period. (Mine came back Wednesday before Christmas and it wasn’t a simple variation.)
That’s dedication and in my case was much appreciated.
Ken.

Be careful with that one!, you will be getting lumped in with me & a good few others & labelled " A Basher ":lol:
Far from it but they do seem obsessed with chicken shooters, selling game to a non existent market and lead shot!! They do little for fowling, stalking etc

not sure why Covid19 should be an excuse to stop issuing new FAC's, I go into 3-5 houses a day to do my job, I couldnt do my job otherwise! obviously if someone is Covid positive then that is a different subject, however it was my understanding the the majority of people who didn't have to go into an office were working from home? (I have certainly heard this used as an excuse for delays in all sorts of organisations)
if people are working from home then there would be very little chance of work related exposure, other than from home visits, and as just about everyone in the service industries are working around covid then I see no reason for special treatment .
Should the employee be vulnerable then that would be a mitigating factor, but surely they aren't all vulnerable ?
I would suspect short staffing due to finances over the last few years is more likely to impact the ability of the Dept to carry out its job than any illness.

The over problem you have is the home office has instructed GPS they do not have to process your medical report while covid is ongoing

Evening all,

I was just about to apply for my FAC (finally after years of guided stalks) and have seen that Thames Valley Police are not accepting new applications for FACs or SGCs “due to covid”.

Does anyone know if this a long-standing issue or if there is any timeframe for re-opening application?

Cheers
Online live interviews, without the travel time they should get through a lot more!

Back