The bucket list

Magnificent 7

Well folks sat here resting a broken collar bone got me thinking of my goals.Ive been lucky enough to shoot all UK species including boar and goat but what do I want to do now.Ive a big Sika stag picked providing we can find him again Come the rut but I'm also hankering for a Lakeland red.Whats you guys aims for the future.I was hoping to go to Africa this year but the covid had scuppered that one.

caberslash

No interest in any UK game which is 'pay to play', especially if it's behind a wire and fed in winter. Even sitting at the edge of a cut/ploughed field is not my idea of fun!

NZ is the target for me, they have Thar, Chamois, Sambar, Wapiti, Sika, Red, Fallow, Goats, Wallabies, and possibly Moose if you can find it :lol:

All can be legally taken year round with a .223 (not that I would try for a massive animal with one!)

Shame CV19 has scuppered most overseas travel, bit like when 9/11 happened but worse!

Pine Marten

I only have one and only have ever had one. I would like to hunt a moose in Canada. It's probably because of a book I was read when I was little, "Pierre Bear", by Patricia Scarry (illustrations by Richard of the same name, who wasn't famous yet). And that's it really. I have no interest in Africa for instance. I know that could seem weird, but it's just the Canadian moose. pierre7.jpg pierre6.jpg

Last edited:

hunta

I've also shot all UK species and been lucky enough to stalk in many areas of the UK. I've also done a bit in Germany, Poland, Sweden, Australia and NZ. Boring as it sounds I'm excited about my next outing where ever it may be, even though I'm out very regularly after deer, fox, rabbits, pheasant, pigeon etc.

gr cz527

its been a good year for bucket lists. done my 1st stalk with my old boy,managed to get my mate his 1st buck (after 10 stalks) been to shetland and managed 5 species a day, 90lb skate which was a 1st. i would like to try for CWD and munties not sure why. i reckon iceland for a fishing trip soon and top of the tree is attempting the mcnab!

johndeere

Cape buffalo, and jump out of a plane with an x para who I have known for years.
I don't like heights!

Cranborne

The older I get, the longer the list becomes! Cape Buffalo is at the top, but also chamois and driven grouse. Then there's fishing....

devonair

My bucket list.....
Chamois (alps)
Boar (europe)
Sea bass over 6lb (devon)
Scottish stalk for a stag.

VSS

5 months ago, on the occasion of my 49th birthday, I wrote a list of 50 things to do before I'm 50. Some of it is just pie-in-the-sky stuff that I haven't a hope in hell of achieving without an extraordinary dose of good luck, but other things on the list are more doable. One was to have a go at fly-fishing and to catch a salmon or trout - something I'd never tried before. Under the tutelage of my eccentric neighbour I landed a beauty of a rainbow trout at a stocked lake, and we'll be heading out after wild fish soon. I've even bought my own rod now: picked one up 2nd hand at the game fair for a fiver, and got a reel and line for ten quid! It makes the fishing all the more satisfying if you can do it with old kit that you've scraped together for very little cost.
IMG_20210519_211327_872.jpg

Skogsmannen

I'd like to get my first deer ticked off (out again next weekend so fingers crossed) but would also like to bag a Capercaillie (most likely it will be have a Swedish accent and if it was from our own woods then even better) and I'd like to take an Arctic Char too as that's the one that always evades me (plus Mrs Skogsmannen has caught one, which she likes to remind me of each time we go looking for them....).

Other than that, it would be nice to see a bear in our woods - they are close by but quite elusive. We've seen Moose, Black Grouse and Capercaillie but not Björnen, yet

Mozza7005

Well folks sat here resting a broken collar bone got me thinking of my goals.Ive been lucky enough to shoot all UK species including boar and goat but what do I want to do now.Ive a big Sika stag picked providing we can find him again Come the rut but I'm also hankering for a Lakeland red.Whats you guys aims for the future.I was hoping to go to Africa this year but the covid had scuppered that one.
Keep the dream

uptonogood

Ive done the 6 species ,goat and boar but the boar have to say was a bit of a let down .Paid to sit in a seat in Devon ,say no more .I’d like a truly wild boar this year ,have one booked late October ,pricey but there tis .
The American big game appeals immensely but not sure I’m going to pay the prices quoted so far so if any of our Americans friends are reading I can swap an elk for a muntie buck or stretch to a roe maybe 😉
Its the hankering after wild places that keeps me looking .
Calling a decent fallow buck is there too along with a decent CWD buck .
A woodcock day too is something I’ve fancied for a while along with a day at the geese in Scotland ,soon to be realised with any luck .
The list is endless ,too many to bore you with but as long as I’ve got my health there will be another trip booked ,planned or thought about,the anticipation of which is almost as good as being there 👍🏻👍🏻

Jagare

I'd like to get my first deer ticked off (out again next weekend so fingers crossed) but would also like to bag a Capercaillie (most likely it will be have a Swedish accent and if it was from our own woods then even better) and I'd like to take an Arctic Char too as that's the one that always evades me (plus Mrs Skogsmannen has caught one, which she likes to remind me of each time we go looking for them....).

Other than that, it would be nice to see a bear in our woods - they are close by but quite elusive. We've seen Moose, Black Grouse and Capercaillie but not Björnen, yet
We don't have bear this far south but I read that the cull this year is 500 bears. I've Orre and Tjäder on my ground. I was out walking in the forest with the spaniel a couple of weeks ago and the spaniel disappeared into a small plantation. I whistled him back and he reappears carrying a full grow cock capercaillie. I had a wtf moment. There are some Badgers that have been eating my boar maize that need my attention next weekend.

landkeeper

I only have one and only have ever had one. I would like to hunt a moose in Canada. It's probably because of a book I was read when I was little, "Pierre Bear", by Patricia Scarry (illustrations by Richard of the same name, who wasn't famous yet). And that's it really. I have no interest in Africa for instance. I know that could seem weird, but it's just the Canadian moose. View attachment 218222 View attachment 218223
Have that book somewhere in the attic lol