• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

For Sale: The Deer of Great Britain and Ireland by G Kenneth Whitehead

novice

A good clean copy of this historic book, long out of print. A worthwhile addition to any stalker's library, if only to see how the deer population has changed over the last 50 years.

It also makes me smile to see the open cooperation and information Whitehead was able to access. I can't imagine anyone would be able to produce a modern equivalent in these days of secrecy and worries about back stabbing!

£40 posted

Novice

Attachments

Last edited:

novice

Will look into it.

Depending on how long you'd wait, I've got rellies visiting from Melbourne in the summer so could send it back with them.

Novice

johngryphon

I sent a bird book to Sweden,that cost me $60 aud.

OK Novice,dont hold it for me at all if someone steps in with the moolah.
I swapped snail mail with GKW pre internet days and still keep his letters somewhere.
I have his "deer of the world" job and like his thoroughness.