The Failing State of SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul at Fechan

Account Suspended
Let me get this straight, my avatar is a problem apparently but the site owner's avatar sticking his dogs nose up a ladies skirt is acceptable. I think that says it all about this failing site with a 2.8k active membership and falling, not worth advertising here in any case.

deerstalker.308

If you don't like the rules, why stay????
youre advertising your website and business, trade membership is all they ask.

baguio

Really Paul? Why should you continue to advertise your business without paying the fee when others pay? It's really that simple and if you can't see that you're doing anything wrong it's a poor show! You certainly aren't going to get any sympathy from the members of this site!

Last edited:

Paul at Fechan

Account Suspended
why pay any more than the over £500 of trade membership I already had to just get trolled with no protection, interestingly on Deer Stalking UK this same post has had 40 comments in 40 minutes since it has over an 8k active membership. Where's the smart place to be.

Paul at Fechan

Account Suspended
how can I advertise if I hardly post, look at my posting history and look at the frequency of posting, never here and only look in now and again to see if there's any interesting threads.

penta

It's only fair, to other trade members on here that pay trade fee's. You are promoting your business with your avatar and the link to your website.

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Site Staff
So you volunteered to stop being a trade member because you had some people complaining. You complain about paying to be a trade member which amounted to £500 so that's nearly 5 years. During which time you have made full use of the site and no doubt gained business. Your fee was £10 per month.

Your posts complaining about this site on other social media is something you have chosen to undertake and now are slating the SD site because you have been asked not to advertise without paying £10 per month. FB sites are free, they cost nothing to maintain except some time.

The choice was yours, no one else's, and many if not all of the people on this site have gained a lot from being a member, good friends, and a lot of money raised for charity and still being raised, even members giving away free stalking, and 9 people this year having their Level 1 paid for by the site bursary scheme.

We think this site speaks for itself, and your post on other sites are an insult to the membership of this site, some of whom know you quite well.

Last edited:

Caesium

Thing is ...when you own the car you drive it to where YOU want.
You have chosen the worst analogy ever but as you drew the comparision please allow me to retort.

If this forum were any type of transport it would be more like a ship, as you can't get thousands of people in a car.

Also if you want people to get on board your ship, then you go where they want otherwise you'll end up with the Mary Celeste, or worse, the Titanic.

You're the kind of person that rubs others up the wrong way as it appears it's your way or the highway. How inclusive.

Paul at Fechan

Account Suspended
Your so blinded by stupidity it hurts me to type, what am I advertising? at most a logo of a business that's mine that if you don't know me you would never click on. No courses, no products nothing so what should I pay for..... the right to post an avatar of my choice when after all exposing a young woman by sticking your dogs nose up her skirt is A+ ok as an avatar. Proud and just standards

Paul at Fechan

Account Suspended
Caesium, That's a beautiful analogy but I would suggest that who boards a ship for passage over rough seas to the land of plenty when you could fly....

Paul at Fechan

Account Suspended
Admin, you're welcome to remove the advertising avatar or whatever but there is no such thing as black and white in your standards, even with a trade membership you're not free to advertise your choice of material and won't receive protection from trolls, what about if all of a sudden a really satisfied client throws on a thank you with pics

bogtrotter

Paul why do you think the site is failing? if you look at the site as just a means of advertising maybe, but for most of usits much more than that.
When I joined I made a conscious decision not to advertise on here , my choice.
You have been asked to remove your avatar, which is clearly advertising your business yet you are no longer sporting a trade member banner, pretty obvious why you have been asked to remove it.
I am not a trade member so would not be forward enough to post my logo as my avatar.
It all seems a wee bit like sour grapes Paul, think carefully about it a lot of people on this site appreciate your posts and the knowledge you share.

Paul at Fechan

Account Suspended
don't do sour grapes, just fold my hand and move on. Facts are I've only been browsing in and out for some time to time then admin chucks a pm in all high and mighty.... please, I mean really what is this site about, admin making money or a service to the stalking community. I used to believe it was a service to the community and what I could contribute I would.

pheasant sniper 1

Paul...

Why go over the same old same old...

You were responsible for the biggest sham of a hunt in SD history..
I don't see any of us that were compensated financially harping on and on and on about it..

I've seen the post on fb which the little click of SD haters are Wolfing up. Pretty childish in my opinion as a lot of them fall into the very category of people theyre slating..
This falls short of the conduct and actions of a person that should be offering educational courses.

The fact is you have gained nothing other than a few fb mates all kissing your backside and a combined knitting circle slating the SD.. How many level 1''s have the fb lot subsidised, how many free stalks, how much money have they raised for numerous charities ? Bugger all in comparison..

The modern way of life seeing grown men keyboard in hand behaving like little kid's when something don't go their way..

Done yourself no favours Paul...

admin

Administrator
Site Staff
don't do sour grapes, just fold my hand and move on. Facts are I've only been browsing in and out for some time to time then admin chucks a pm in all high and mighty.... please, I mean really what is this site about, admin making money or a service to the stalking community. I used to believe it was a service to the community and what I could contribute I would.
You must rather simple Paul if you think it costs nothing to run a site like this. Try African Hunting to attract overseas clients to your part of the world, prices start at $2000 and go up to $4000 per year.

The SD site has since Admin purchased it:

Thousands of pounds raised for charity, members giving free stalking away, bursary scheme where the site PAYS for the prizes and then PAYS for people to take their Level 1 for FREE, this year 9 candidates. Friendships made life long ones as well. And despite some of the rather childish comments on social media the SD site has some very experienced stalkers on it.

Your comments are not what one would expect from a professional outfit and does not give a good impression.

Last edited:

Taff

I think you hit the nail on the head, "PROFESSIONAL OUTFIT " sayin a avatar does not attract business, shows a complete lack of understanding of sublime advertising , which is what most professional company's use, it's why we put logos on every item of clothing, car badges etc.

Paul at Fechan

Account Suspended
Ok Terry, but what's this got to do with me as a teacher/trainer/professional? Can I not point out something I feel is petty and childish where SD demanding money or casting threats over an avatar that is apparently advertising (yeh right remove it admin whatever) where as in reality it's nothing more than a logo.

You say I've done myself no favours but that's your opinion to express as is this thread. You're sticking up for SD like it's a religion when actually it's just a greedy site trying to cash in on advertising space that it's members claim is all about the greater good.... yeh ok

Status
Not open for further replies.