The hunting high seat ,box is finished

Leica Amplus 6

Jagare

At last the hunting tower that over looks my boar feeding place is finished. At the back there is a solar panel that charges the battery that runs the green light LED spot lamp. No need to wait for a snow covered moonlight night. Went up at 12:00 last night to adjust the spot lamp to shine on the feeder area. The spot light has a dawn, dusk relay on it and also has a dimmer switch that can be turned up when the boar come. You can see from the visiter i had last night that the boar arn't worried about the light. Just need to get a nice swivel office chair and its ready to go.

Jagare

Won't be takeing many this year. Only so much you can eat in a year. Border a member here on SD will get a chance when he's down to try for a roe buck. Problem is that its so warm at the moment and if i were to shoot the big boy who comes at the monent he would not fit in my fridge i hang the roe in.
I will wait till the weather is a bit cooler to sit out. By then we will be into chaseing them with the dogs as well.

Bavarianbrit

Hi Jagare,
Where I shoot in Germany they all use cast off office swivel chairs and they are ***** I have never used one yet that did not squeak or crack when you adjust your sitting position. I have found the best solution to be a couple of planks sliding along 2 side rails (put a rail on all 4 walls including the door and it is flexible on direction ) add some old carpet to soften the seat a bit and bob is related to you,
Martin

jimbo123p

Good build, next one open the angle of the legs a bit. I use free standing at 5% on open seats but the boxes have to cope with so much extra windage I opened to 10% after one blew over. Wind speed was at 105 mph though. At ten degrees they have never tipped with fencing wire doing the security, Jim

Jagare

The flap hanging down is the solar panel. May cut a hole in the floor so i can ****e from a height:D. The legs are set at 10% and its 3 mtrs to floor level.

Last edited:

paul o'

yes feller a trap door would be very useful in the winter ;) with the amount of snow in sweden
nice and dry .
:tiphat:

Ade8mm

A superb and well finished erection!

Seriously I might suggest the hatch goes upwards not down. From a safety perspective, especially in the dark with a firearm eh?

Ade8mm

Apologies. Just looked at the picture again. Its not the hatch! Solar panel or something... Must take more water with it methinks.

Roughly how much time and cost was spent on making a tower like this??

Last year I made myself a deer hunting tower (see pic) IMAG0063.jpg out of unused potato boxes on our farm. But, unfortunately some scummy vandals thought itd be a good idea to completely trash it. It took me so long to build as the inside was fully insulated, lined with carpet, heaters, padded bench, and all the works. But, youre tower looks alot better from the outside then mine, so i am just curious!

Thanks

Jagare

Roughly how much time and cost was spent on making a tower like this?? Last year I made myself a deer hunting tower (see pic) View attachment 34993 out of unused potato boxes on our farm. But, unfortunately some scummy vandals thought itd be a good idea to completely trash it. It took me so long to build as the inside was fully insulated, lined with carpet, heaters, padded bench, and all the works. But, youre tower looks alot better from the outside then mine, so i am just curious! Thanks
-

I suppose it cost about £300 for materials and about 3 days to build and erect. Add to that the office chair and about £150 for the battery, LED light and solar panel for lighting up the feeding area.

teyhan1

£450. I thought you said people in Sweden didn't spend money.
Now if you'd have got an old bike and linked it up to a dynamo you could have saved yourself the cost of a seat, solar panel and battery and kept yourself warm while waiting for the boar to arrive.

Night Vision Store