• no side affects

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • had side affects

Votes: 44 31.9%
  • stuff putting that in my arm

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both jabs, Astra Zeneca, arm felt like it'd been kicked by a horse first jab, very mild hangover like symptoms (so I made sure I had a hangover second jab 😂).

First jab, felt like I had been run over by a bus and came out with a massive bruise at the injection site 3 weeks later.
2nd jab all OK.

Not many votes cast so far but if this is an indication of the population as a whole you'd think that the vaccination program would be having some effect upon the transmission chain. I can't help but notice that the daily number of reported infections is rapidly rising; 20500 yesterday, an increase of 72% in the last 7 days. 29% increase in deaths over the last 7 days. Be interesting to see if this reported trend continues.
CH

Not many votes cast so far but if this is an indication of the population as a whole you'd think that the vaccination program would be having some effect upon the transmission chain. I can't help but notice that the daily number of reported infections is rapidly rising; 20500 yesterday, an increase of 72% in the last 7 days. 29% increase in deaths over the last 7 days. Be interesting to see if this reported trend continues.
CH
What I found/learnt in my attempt was the mistakes in the poll questions got the ball rolling.
Which at a guess prompted this one.....my answer is in the roll up your sleeves thread.

Some ‘dreary confirmation bias’ from admittedly not from our SD expert in-house members; or sound science, depending on your level of objectivity:

Given it’s safety and efficacy, ’why wait?’ , seems to be the takeaway. Other views incoming from the usual antagonists/deniers, depending again on your levels of objectivity…

First Jab at midday, about 10pm arm was a bit sore, woke up next morning with what felt like a slight hangover.
Second jab not a thing felt fine.

I am literally sat in the waiting area after getting my 2nd jab about 3 mins ago.

There are some lovely girls on front desk who took time to explain how i do the event nhs app thingy to prove my vaccine status so i can get access to the Open Championship in three weeks.

Game on

I actually got covid between the first and second jabs. The covid was like a bit of a summer cold. Gone in four days.
No symptoms after the jabs.

CH

The impact of the vaccine rollout seems to be positive from the results in this report.

I’d be really interested to know if the upsurge is fuelled by people who haven’t taken the vaccine or whether the vaccine is not slowing the spread in certain circumstances, I guess we’ll learn that in time.

Both AZ's. First jab floored me within 2hrs with full-blown flu like symptoms. After a week of this I tried to start back work on my house renovation. Didn't even last 20 mins mixing lime mortar. Took me a full two weeks to feel back to normal. Wonder how I would have reacted to an actual covid infection if this was just the jab. After 2nd jab my head felt like a pound of mince for a couple of days.

Both AZ's. First jab floored me within 2hrs with full-blown flu like symptoms. After a week of this I tried to start back work on my house renovation. Didn't even last 20 mins mixing lime mortar. Took me a full two weeks to feel back to normal. Wonder how I would have reacted to an actual covid infection if this was just the jab. After 2nd jab my head felt like a pound of mince for a couple of days.
It is interesting to read about the different reactions and how different immune systems behave.

I am 41 and after the first AZ jab, I was fine that day, went and played golf etc and went to bed feeling normal. Woke in the night with chills and spent an hour tossing and turning before falling back asleep which is not like me. I just couldn't get warm which is also odd for me as I like the cold and dislike the heat. Next day felt like a mildish hangover the entire day. Foggy head, tired and a bit snappy. Following day, pretty much back to normal with just a hint of lethergy and then back to normal. Jab site in my arm was painful for at least 7 days though, especially lifting arm above head height.

Yesterday I had my 2nd jab at 1pm. Again, felt fine that day and played golf in the evening. Went to bed, slept through and feel absolutely fine today. Slight dull ache in the jab site on my arm but apart from that no reaction (yet :rofl: )

The nurse doing the injecting said I might have a sore arm. I told her that would be down to how rough she was.
NO PROBLEMS!

Had both….Pfizer, felt a wee bit groggy and a slight ache in my arm but other than that - no big deal…

Regards,
Gixer

I had my first jab 4 weeks ago, it was the moderna I received. The side-effects of it where a dead arm for about 4 days - thank god the wagon is auto nowadays! The biggest problems was I think I can only explain It felt like a smackhead on cold turkey for about 3 weeks and I am still suffering with aching ankles knees and wrist’s and sore kidneys. I have friends that have had the same jab and all have had similar symptoms.

I had my first jab 4 weeks ago, it was the moderna I received. The side-effects of it where a dead arm for about 4 days - thank god the wagon is auto nowadays! The biggest problems was I think I can only explain It felt like a smackhead on cold turkey for about 3 weeks and I am still suffering with aching ankles knees and wrist’s and sore kidneys. I have friends that have had the same jab and all have had similar symptoms.
Interesting, first jab in March , AZ, hangover style symptoms the next day, felt a bit 'odd' for a week, put it down to the microchip not getting enough signal 😀

Within a couple of days , sciatica pain in my right leg , bum down to shin ( never had sciatica before )
The main thing though , and this persists now, a month after 2nd jab , shoulders down to elbows (elbows in particular) weak and painful, how I would imagine arthritis to be ?
Mentioned this to 2nd jabber, said it was normal !
Its pretty clear these jabs have an absolute plethora of side effects, with barely anyone escaping something ?

AZ. Boris Johnson's snake oil so he could boast and preen. Having had the reaction to the first that I did - my GP called me an ambulance via 999 - and knowing of AT LEAST two people dead from it in Leicester I'd sooner be injected with creosote. I had covid previous to the first and was like the 'flu for a day followed by nine days of boredom waiting for the "deadly risk of death.... aka Private Fraser's "We're all doomed"" predicted by Johnson's lickspittle, Hancock, that never happened.

Had my first one this morning. Nothing to report yet except a bit of bruising at the injection site.

I've no particular concerns, although can't say I'm that bothered about getting it either. For me, the main benefit of getting vaccinated is to protect me from whatever bureaucratic rubbish Boris and his bunch of feckless halfwits dream up next. I reckon being vaccinated will make travel easier (no quarantine requirement for the vaccinated to the US for example), it'll make work easier (vaccinated folks aren't required to wear masks in my workplace any more) and I reckon longer term it'll be a help in planning social events and trips.

Compared to these benefits, the frankly infinitesimal reduction in COVID related risk is almost completely irrelevant.

I'd also note that it's a strange position to take that the (tiny) risks posed by COVID are a good reason to not care about the disease, but that the (even tinier) risks presented by the vaccine are of great concern and a good reason to fear taking it. Either be scared of stuff with minimal risk, or don't, but at least be consistent about it.

Back