The Man-eaters of Tsavo on line

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Good book By Mr Patterson, he also wrote another book called "In the grip of Nyika"

They also made a film about the Maneaters of Tsavo, called the "Ghost and the Darkness" about 10 years ago with Michael Douglas. Not a bad film although Mr Douglas rather spoiled it as a Professional Hunter and the storyline towards the end was a bit off line from real events.

D

Douglas

sikamalc said:
They also made a film about the Maneaters of Tsavo, called the "Ghost and the Darkness" about 10 years ago with Michael Douglas. Not a bad film although Mr Douglas rather spoiled it as a Professional Hunter and the storyline towards the end was a bit off line from real events.
Have you ever known a film to stay rigidly true to the book?

Val Kilmer played Col. John Henry Patterson. With the delightful Emily Mortimer as Mrs Patterson.

bewsher500

"HE MEASURED NINE FEET SIX INCHES FROM TIP OF NOSE TO TIP OF TAIL, AND STOOD THREE FEET ELEVEN AND A HALF INCHES HIGH."
it took 3 .303 hits and 3 Martini rifle hits.

Christ I have driven cars smaller than that!!

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
You cant, they are collectors items these days. Mind you one of my small past times is collecting old sporting books and I managed to buy a copy for £50 :smug: from a second hand bookshop a few years back. Just managed to pick up another two books of late about hill stalking, both printed prior to 1890.

Tony

Man Eaters of Tsavo first published in 1907 is one of the most reprinted books in sporting litearture. The first edition is quite scarce and expensive but there are plenty of others out there.

Regards

Ed