The snip.

RED-DOT

My sixteen month old CBR Bruin is a bit of a lad and is trying his dad on for dominance which usually ends in tears... his. Was thinking of getting his swingers done and was wondering if it will calm him down and how much it will set me back. I would do it myself but im afraid of the risk to my fingers from the edge of the bricks?

unicorn71

Had a lab done a few years ago-massive mistake for 3 reasons, 1 it didn't calm him down and we still had dominance issues,2 for some reason it made him sexually attractive to male dogs and 3 he turned out to be the best deer dog I have ever owned and a pup from him would have been nice.

David T

All my dogs have been snipped but my GP and lurcher still scrapped. My GWP is all talk and no trousers although I suspect that is his nature rather than the result of being castrated. Seem to remember the cost being around £100 ??

Apache

£100 is very cheap. Usually calms them down, but there is a means of chemical castration you can try to see if it will work in your dog.

charadam

Think you might be confusing "snip" with "chop".

Mine stopped me breeding, but in no way did it reduce my anger at my bank manager.

RED-DOT

Ha Ha.... I won't bother then. Bruin is going for Crufts 2014 so he needs his meatballs or so he tells me!

Paul 600

Just to clarify, when you get your dog done do they remove em or snip them? Going to get my dog done. Not bothered about behaviour I just don't want him to breed!!

Pedro

They remove 'em. Apparently they can replace them with fake ones made of I don't know what but gives the impression that the dog is intact.

Apache

http://www.neuticles.com

[h=4]Prosthetic testicles[/h] 27.16 The RCVS has decided the insertion of prosthetic testicles is not a procedure that benefits the animal and is not in the animal’s interests. There is also concern that the procedure allows an owner to claim an animal with a prosthetic testicle had the natural conformation.
27.17 The RCVS advice is that the procedure is unethical.

Mr B

My Rhodesian Ridgeback was becoming very protective and a little aggressive, even to me once he got to about 18months. I had him castrated for about £150 and the change was massive within about four to five days, once the hormones had worn off. He calmed right down, was much calmer and returned to usual perfect temperament. They removed the testicles, which in my opinion made him look better, not that this had any bearing on my decision to have it done.
they usually leave a small portion of the scrotum when they stich it back up- apparently, if they remove the lot and stiched it up, theres a chance of the wound shrinking and not healing properly. He now has a very small scrotum which has shrunk over time and he still has his character, temperament and the personality i loved, before he started getting grumpy.

in my opinion, a total success, plus there zero chance of testicular cancer...

2434me

Just had my Sprocker done. He was a stick of dynamite and went everywhere at 90 mile an hour !!

Maybe because he is just that wee bit lighter now,has allowed him to reach 100 mile an hour !

£125 went just as fast as the dog!

bewsher500

I would say at 16m you may have missed your window for effective results

seen many dogs castrated at over a year old and with most it makes not a blind bit of difference to their temperament

they have already learned what balls are for physically and mentally

Robb

Just had my Sprocker done. He was a stick of dynamite and went everywhere at 90 mile an hour !!

Maybe because he is just that wee bit lighter now,has allowed him to reach 100 mile an hour !

£125 went just as fast as the dog!
:rofl: :rofl: - Classic..!