The Stalking Show Stafford 2024

I did mine on Saturday afternoon. At the end of Saturday's heats I thought I might have been in with a chance of getting maybe 2nd or 3rd, but the standard on Sunday was much higher.
Fair one mate. I did mine on Saturday morning. It was a good experience regardless and certainly a change for me, having people watching, filming and some friends offering "advice". Hopefully they continue it on next year, or at least something similar.

Reactions: pob
I did my butchering on Sunday at 14:00. I was told, off the record, that I'd done quite well and was best in my heat. I didn't see the earlier Sunday heat, which might have been a good move to get an idea of what was needed; a few people didn't follow the instructions, I heard. They were supposed to announce the winners at 15:30, but I didn't hear anything. The show was pretty much packed up by then anyway. I thought that I might at least have been in with a shout of some knives, but have heard nothing. It's a bit poor not to let people know. There's only 20 of us and 5 prizes, so the odds are pretty good, and they have our mobile numbers already.

As for the SD stand, what about a competition "Top the member" or "Pull the Word from the Stone"? The public have to get an SD member to concede that they know more about a subject or have more experience, or say "Sorry". If you can do it within 10 minutes, you win a Blaser Drilling signed by all the members. (We could all select a Champion to represent us and ensure that the prize can't be claimed, saving a few quid).

. They were supposed to announce the winners at 15:30, but I didn't hear anything. The show was pretty much packed up by then anyway.
That really makes me cross!
When the public have paid to get into an event with advertised opening times of 9am - 4.30pm, stall holders shouldn't be starting to pack up before close of play.
Event organisers really need to be strict about enforcing that, to the point of banning exhibitors who transgress from taking part in future events.

I went on Saturday. Excellent turn out from the stalking world. Very good show with just about every aspect of stalking covered. Good value for money in my opinion. It gets bigger every year.

When the public have paid to get into an event with advertised opening times of 9am - 4.30pm, stall holders shouldn't be starting to pack up before close of play.
Event organisers really need to be strict about enforcing that, to the point of banning exhibitors who transgress from taking part in future events.
Maybe so, but they'd all had a very busy weekend; more than a few said that Saturday was really hectic. Also, by then, there were very few punters left; the stallholders definitely outnumbered us. In the circumstances, I thought that was OK.

If I show you my meat, will you show me yours? I'd like to see your entry, if you took a photo. :) PM me your mobile number?

You could have a bring and buy/swap section on the stand.
D
All you actually need on the stand, apart from some good visuals to get folk to stop and look, is a couple of genuinely enthusiastic folk who are good communicators, and don't just spend the day sitting behind a table playing with their phones and looking bored.
And a simple competition (eg, sign up to SD today to be in with a chance of a stalking outing with xyz guide).

Got some pretty good deals though with stand members wanting to leave... Ended up coming away with three jackets, few dog bits and a new gong! By 1550 or so, I think pretty much all stalls were starting to pack away and they were told they couldn't get vehicles in until 1730hrs

Maybe so, but they'd all had a very busy weekend; more than a few said that Saturday was really hectic. Also, by then, there were very few punters left; the stallholders definitely outnumbered us. In the circumstances, I thought that was OK.

If I show you my meat, will you show me yours? I'd like to see your entry, if you took a photo. :) PM me your mobile number?
Buy him a beer first FFS

• Haha
Reactions: pob
Funny to watch certain people attempting to jump on the bandwagon. BASC supported the show from the start.
BASC is a sponsor of the event.
Other companies and organisations support the event by paying for tradestand space.
Where do you get the "jumping on the bandwagon" idea from?
It would be a pretty dull event if BASC were the only exhibitors, wouldn't it!?!

Back