The UK Squirrel Season Is All But Upon Us

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

Alantoo

Out first light Sat am, first thing to go was a magpie then proceeded to shoot 15 squirrels in about 90 mins. Watched a good munty buck at 30 yds for 10 mins, why is it they always stay still when you don't have a suitable weapon. Late afternoon to a tiny scruby wood and shot another 13, ran out of ammo. At least 10+ more seen. So 28 in about 4 hours was quite a result. My landowner happy chap esp as in the am sesion they were close to his house and he doesnt want them getting into his roof space again.

D
What gun were you using to shoot them with?

Alan

Cyres

I use a annie XIV carbine in .22lr with old eley subs, just need to take care with elevated shots. Quite a few were shot on the ground mostly they had substantial oak behind them in the form of a very old gnarled oak. Thermal is a game changer and it was a cold very overcast day so they were standing out as if they were waving toches. I was using my truck as a mobile hide in the am shooting from drivers seat out of open(very important) passenger door window. Sticks from passenger seat head rest to dash board so super firm rest and annie is clinical with proper eley subs which were decades old.

D

ShaunP

I use a annie XIV carbine in .22lr with old eley subs, just need to take care with elevated shots. Quite a few were shot on the ground mostly they had substantial oak behind them in the form of a very old gnarled oak. Thermal is a game changer and it was a cold very overcast day so they were standing out as if they were waving toches. I was using my truck as a mobile hide in the am shooting from drivers seat out of open(very important) passenger door window. Sticks from passenger seat head rest to dash board so super firm rest and annie is clinical with proper eley subs which were decades old.

D
I have an Annie 1416.I use Eley subs., but the new 38 grain H.P.The gun likes and RWS subs as well.It shoots similarly with most types of subsonic ammo, of the four varieties I have tried anyway.Yes, thermal must be amazing and something I look forward to using.Nice shooting.

Layton

Little beggars pulled the feeder apart during the week and emptied the contents. The result, not a single squirrel back to the bait station over the weekend. Full repair carried out and refilled so hopefully will see some results next weekend.

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...