The Whole Shooting Match - Steath Moderators

Highlander

Does anyone know anything about Mr S Crane & The Whole Shooting Match?

I am currently considering purchasing a Stealth 10 moderator from them, yet all the dealers I have rung to enquire about their product, have no knowledge of these moderators. Anyone have first hand knowledge of this product, comparing it to the A-Tec moderator?

The dealers I am ringing are listed on TWSM website, and are the more well known on the list and from different regions. Is this just a marketing ploy or have I just managed to pick the wrong dealers!?

Morning Highlander,

I bought an A-10 in April last year. It was supplied and fitted by a gunshop in Northallerton, Yorkshire. They did a good job, and I am happy with the mod.

I am afraid I have no experience with the Z-Tech but I can tell you that the A-10 is a fantastic bit of Kit. I have got the earlier model with the screws etc. they have re-designed it since and it’s meant to be lighter. They also do a range of smaller ones that are a bit like a T-4.

Mine is quite big and quite heavy but I wanted it reduce muzzle flip as a primary reason for purchase. A smaller mod such as the ASE UTRA models look great and sometimes I wish I had got one of those when my shoulder is aching!! However the A-10 is a pleasure to shoot with fantastic sound reduction. It really does take all the noise apart from the crack out. I can hear and watch the bullet strike which is what I wanted to achieve. As with everything its up to you to pick which suits your personal needs. If you are hill stalking 90% of the time I would perhaps suggest go for the jet-z as the A-10 can get heavy. But have a look at the options before you commit there is so much to choose from at the moment.
Good luck

Miles

Have you considered the new Predator 8 from Wildcat.
I have been a T8 disciple for years but bought one of the Predators just to fill a slot on my FC that had been there a long time.
I am slowly losing my preference for the T8.
The price is very favourable, the weight is lighter than most and the quality of finish is very good.
I did quite a few comparisms and that was the one I decided on and can now certainly recommend it.
If your local dealer doesn't have one, I am sure he can get one because the dealer margin is very favourable and with the retail price as it is, he will not be left with it on his shelf for long.
I must stress that I have no financial Interest in Wildcat, I am just a satisfied and very pleasantly surprised customer.

EMcC said:
Have you considered the new Predator 8 from Wildcat.

I have a A-Tec and really rate it, :lol: sound reduction is better than my T8.

I looked at a Predator (8 baffle) the other day as I had heard a lot about them, the thing that struck me was how heavy it was compared to my A-Tec. (you carry a moddy a lot and shoot it comparatively little). I see that Pete Moore in his test on Shooting sports magazine says he needed to put on the 12 baffle stack to match the sound reduction of a T8.

I had a look at the latest A-Tec CCM moderator at xmas (inside information), it will be on the market very soon I was very impressed. It has a proper modular baffle stack which means you can run it with how many baffles you want (less baffles means shorter and lighter but less sound reduction) unlike the Predator were you change the whole baffle assembly, you can change each individual baffle so you can run it as a 8,7,6,4 or what ever baffle number best suit the calibre or situation.

Best rgds

Thar

I have a T8 very quiet, and apparently light, until its on the end of my T3, and then it TOTALLY screws up the balance of the rifle. I hate it. However it does work very well

HIGHLANDER

i can only talk about my own experience with the stealth mods. i had delivery issues with getting the mod to start with then when it did arrive weeks late, it blew off the end of the rifle within 8 shots . the second blew off at 30 shots , it seems that the ends of the mod were expanding/flareing at the end which stripped the threads and caused the mod to blow off.

the first blew off in 8 shots the second in 30 , i recieved lots of promises from stuart crane but recieved not much else. the second blew off whilst stalking which wrecked the stalk and caused massive recoil causing me a black eye and still cost me the stalking money.

i would not touch the mods from him with a barge pole its not worth the risk.

i am using a win 243 using home loads @ 1.5grns under max

griffshrek said:
HIGHLANDER

i can only talk about my own experience with the stealth mods. i had delivery issues with getting the mod to start with then when it did arrive weeks late, it blew off the end of the rifle within 8 shots . the second blew off at 30 shots , it seems that the ends of the mod were expanding/flareing at the end which stripped the threads and caused the mod to blow off.

the first blew off in 8 shots the second in 30 , i recieved lots of promises from stuart crane but recieved not much else. the second blew off whilst stalking which wrecked the stalk and caused massive recoil causing me a black eye and still cost me the stalking money.

i would not touch the mods from him with a barge pole its not worth the risk.

i am using a win 243 using home loads @ 1.5grns under max

OOOPS!!!

Replies to Moderator enquiries

Thanks to all those that replied. It was between the A-Tec and the Stealth 10, and between the replies and my own experiences it would seem that an e-mail to Pete Lincoln is a forgone conclusion. :)

Re: Replies to Moderator enquiries

Highlander said:
Pete Lincoln is a forgone conclusion. :)

I think Jager sporting arms(owned by James Clarke tel 01484 840087) are the UK importer, Pete is the European one.

Best rgds

Thar.

Back