Thermal/NV demo evening

mealiejimmy

Mike Mclellan of Ythan Field sports is hosting a thermal/NV demo evening at Newton House on Schivas estate near Ellon this Friday at 7pm
Russ Douglas and I will be in attendance and we'll have the HIK Ultimate Micro Thunder TQ50C thermal spotter/scope/front add-on for all to see and play with along with a selection of other thermal and NV kit
pm me me if you are coming so I can let Mike know about numbers

Cheers

Bruce

sparko

Pity we haven’t had one in the West Country for a few years
Rob Collins, Chairman and Event Organiser of the Somerset Masonic Fishing Charity, is holding an event on the 26th November at The Long Ashton & District Rifle Club, Cambridge Batch, Long Ashton, Bristol, BS48 3QS. This international event is an exhibition and demonstration of Thermal Riflescopes & Thermal Spotters.

Jimmy6.5

Mike Mclellan of Ythan Field sports is hosting a thermal/NV demo evening at Newton House on Schivas estate near Ellon this Friday at 7pm
Russ Douglas and I will be in attendance and we'll have the HIK Ultimate Micro Thunder TQ50C thermal spotter/scope/front add-on for all to see and play with along with a selection of other thermal and NV kit

Cheers

Bruce
Hope you have a good night how does the hik front add go with poi had a pulsar core had to go back poi kept moving despite attempts to sort it

mealiejimmy

What we've found with the HIK front add-on is that it will hold zero if the scope adaptor is left on the front of the riflescope and the add-on attached and detached from the adaptor as and when needed.
The downside of this method is that:
a. it effectively reduces the size of the scope objective
b. The locking lugs that are used to attach the add-on are exposed to potential damage unless some sort of protecting ring can be fitted
Fitting and removing the scope adaptor from the scope every time the add-on is used shows a significant shift in POI every time the add-on is attached to the scope

Cheers

Bruce

Jimmy6.5

What we've found with the HIK front add-on is that it will hold zero if the scope adaptor is left on the front of the riflescope and the add-on attached and detached from the adaptor as and when needed.
The downside of this method is that:
a. it effectively reduces the size of the scope objective
b. The locking lugs that are used to attach the add-on are exposed to potential damage unless some sort of protecting ring can be fitted
Fitting and removing the scope adaptor from the scope every time the add-on is used shows a significant shift in POI every time the add-on is attached to the scope

Cheers

Bruce
Thanks Bruce seems to be the weak point in the main of front add ons shame

Doric

Cheers

Bruce

Looking forward to having a butchers at the Thunder.
Rumour has it that there will be coffe and sausage rolls for all🙂