Thermal Scope

pop1

Thanks Bruce. Where's the best/cheapest place to buy them? Anyone give a reason not to buy a 75-3 or 75-6 against a particular NV set up?
[/QUOTE
Go down the thermal route. If your foxes are as jumpy as you say, they will still run from an nv set up, they can see the infrared beam

BLUEROLL

Bit late with my response however hope its of some help, I have been using thermal scopes for 5 years now, made an big mistake buying one direct from Canada, moving on from there, I have had the opportunity to view and play with all the different night vision options. If you have a budget of 5k or under then out of all options available, for me thermal would be the one

As people have already mentioned, the USA has some great thermal products - they all are around 640x480 res with a 12m censor but at serious cost.
In my view, Thermion xp50 at the moment has the best clarity; when they update the firmware, it will be the best on the market. Next progression for this (which will make it best value for money) is when they upgrade the sensor to 12microns.

Easy of use, recording options, lightweight, packed with features, it versatility is fantastic from switching from one rifle to another is one major benefit and holding it zero.
Firmware update for the Thermion XP50, are you suggesting there will an update like the recent one for the Helion`s ?

Firmware update for the Thermion XP50, are you suggesting there will an update like the recent one for the Helion`s ?
Yep believe so, when you look at there pulsar website on firmware up loads thermion’s and some other products have not had there up dates as it states next to the product, ‘basic’ and clearly others such as accolade and helions have been issued.

It’s made a massive difference to the accolade

BLUEROLL

Yep believe so, when you look at there pulsar website on firmware up loads thermion’s and some other products have not had there up dates as it states next to the product, ‘basic’ and clearly others such as accolade and helions have been issued.

It’s made a massive difference to the accolade
Interesting thanks. Yes the latest update has certainly made my Helion XP50 better.

sauer

I’ll have to dig out the manual for my xq38f helion as I’ve never updated it ....just use it .....I wouldn’t know where to start

Paul

mealiejimmy

I’ll have to dig out the manual for my xq38f helion as I’ve never updated it ....just use it .....I wouldn’t know where to start

Paul
Paul, you have the version which, when you upgrade, results in a guy from Pulsar coming round to your house with a new stone tablet for it :D:D:D

Cheers

Bruce