This or this?

Scandially

My thoughts precisely. The new one has a fussy plastic interior and both manual & auto are seriously flawed.

Scandially

The dash on the new model is horrible and switches are tiny. The Sat Nav is dated and it has plastic with artificial stitching. Gauges are too busy and hard to read.
Manual gearbox has a 1st gear from hell and the auto has a selector gate from a 1957 Chevvy.... too much as to make me keep my Mk7.

FrenchieBoy

Not helpful I know but the first one looks more pleasing to the eye (from the outside) but the second one looks more "practical"!
Good luck with your choice, I would be happy with either! :tiphat:

Malxwal

I wish I'd had mine done from new. Whilst it's not at all bad for seven years old and over 103k, its beyond that sort of treatment now, just keep clarting it in Waxoyl.

Scandially

New ones have rust seeping at the seams. The guy that is doing mine does inside and outside the box sections. He stops rust dead even some near basket cases. Clean, remove, treat, prime, paint Dinitrol. He is OCD about each job and it takes 6-10 days to do right.
www.rustproofingautocare.com

Last edited:

sh1kar

I hummed a bit when I took new one for a test drive. I thought it a bit plasticky also but it drove well and still felt like a Hilux underneath all the gloss so bit the bullet anyway. New one arrives in Jan, but not in that ghastly orange. Oddly the demo was that colour and it looks as bad in the flesh!

S

Scandially

I would choose the manual gearbox over the auto but i cancelled my order today. I just couldn't live with the interior. The 2.8L engine and sound deadening is nicer than my Mk7 but not £40,000 nicer.

Tim.243

That one was for sale some time back...........!