• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Sold: Three Band Enfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOldGamey

Looking For A Origonal Antique, Three Band Enfield, Must Be in Good Condition,With A Good Barrel, With Extra's Would Be A Bonus. Would Consider A Two Band, No Rubbish Please. Will Be At The Stalking Fair At Muir of Ord On Sunday The 30th.

Eric the Red

Might be worth a conversation with Chris at Lucas and Watts Gunsmiths - he has a passion for this sort of thing, shoots similar and has restored several over the last year or so.

GSP84

Are you looking for antique for sticking in the wall or are you wanting to shoot it? And are you wanting to shoot it for a bit of black powder fun or do you want it to be a competitive rifle?

The club I am a member of pretty much revolves around enfields with quite a few floating about for sale, the competitive ones rarely come up for sale but a lot of other good rifles do that don't quite make the competitive grade.

2 band is preferred for competitive, how come you have preference for the 3 band?

David Nimrod

2 band is preferred for competitive, how come you have preference for the 3 band?
Don't discount 'reproductions'... I have an early 1970's Parker Hale (Made in Birmingham) 2 Band, 5 groove, Enfield.

The first five shots I ever made with it, standing unsupported, at 50 yards, made a group of 3 3/8"

I've not repeated that since (a couple of months ago), but I'm working on it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.