Tier one bipod?

TOMHOWA

Looking at getting a new bipod for my second rifle. I have had a Harris bipod for over 15 years and it does the job on my main stalking rifle. But I hear a lot of people rave about the Tier one bipod. Are they that much better than a Harris?
The rifle it’s going to be on is a 6.5 creedmoor which is used for both target shooting and deer stalking.

I have one the bipod itself is first class, depending on how you mean to attach it to your rifle.

One of mine has the conversion from standard swivel fitting and on another rifle I have put the short picatinny rail fitting so I had to purchase the extra adaptor.

Personally I don't think either are ideal but they do work.

Have only used it a couple of times up to now so really I cant comment on the longevity side.

I have both the carbon Tactical and Evolution bipods and I love them. I find them nicer to shoot from than the Atlas they replaced. Less slop in the legs, generally a much nicer fit and finish and the way the Evo handles recoil is really nice. I'm using a mod which helps too, but there's very little muzzle rise, all the recoil seems to come straight back.

The one thing to consider with the Evolution model is that your Picatinny rail needs to extend all the way to the front of your forend. Not an issue with the Tactical bipod.

Is the tilt mechanism adjustable on the Tier One bipods. I like to have the bipod so they can tilt but it needs a fair bit of force to do it.

You can adjust the tension needed to tilt. There is also a pod lock adaptor ( handle) to make it easier to do in the field.
I’m selling both as shimming my collection a bit.

Back