Examine them

You are outside neck sizing
Your tension variable is neck thickness between cases and between brands
As above choose a brand

Once fired brass that has only been neck sized should not be stiff
Period
It came out of there
It goes back in
Try chambering your once fired brass of choice before loading, put any cases that show anomalies to one side
See if any stages of your reloading change the ease with which you can chamber.

There are some cartridges that are perfect for neck only sizing regimes
I have 270 and 300wm brass that has only been neck sized and has been fired over 10x without feed issues on moderate loads
The 243 is known to grow more than others however
At some point you will need to fl size

Chasing hotter loads will only speed this up

For now identify and remove the operation that is causing the stiff load

WSSX

Stiff loaded cases will show witness marks
Examine them

You are outside neck sizing
Your tension variable is neck thickness between cases and between brands
As above choose a brand

Once fired brass that has only been neck sized should not be stiff
Period
It came out of there
It goes back in
Try chambering your once fired brass of choice before loading, put any cases that show anomalies to one side
See if any stages of your reloading change the ease with which you can chamber.

There are some cartridges that are perfect for neck only sizing regimes
I have 270 and 300wm brass that has only been neck sized and has been fired over 10x without feed issues on moderate loads
The 243 is known to grow more than others however
At some point you will need to fl size

Chasing hotter loads will only speed this up

For now identify and remove the operation that is causing the stiff load
Thanks Ed, will take note of the above and will check everything out as suggested when I have a minute and will report back.

One more thing, and happy to be told it's a silly question if it can't be defined without things like a chronograph, but what generally constitutes a 'hot' load? Is this something you can roughly establish from load data or is it more about velocities, components and the gun? I would prefer to go easy on the latter two but (admittedly in testing that needs to be repeated...) found a 42.5gr load (with a 43.1gr max) noticeably more accurate. Not sure if I should look at that again or focus efforts on getting more out of lighter loads (again, it all needs retesting, but 41gr looked pretty neat).

Highlandsjohn

Sounds like you have found, or are close to, the load your gun likes .Your gun club may have a chronograph you ca use to check your fps.

You can tweak it up or down watching out for pressure signs.(look it up in your manual) In my gun(s) I find middle to low of the recipe works for hunting. john