Tikka 595.. converting to 6BR?

Northman_83

I am about to purchase a Tikka 595 in 243Win, with plans of converting it to a 6BR.

A couple of questions, to get me started, if any of you have answers to them, it would be greatly appriciated!

From what I have read, the 22-250 magazine will feed the 6BR. Does this include the 105 A-max?

I am also purchasing a McMillan A-5 stock. And there I have a question. Does McMillan stocks come with a steel recoil lug inbedded for the M595 action? Is it square lug or a L-shaped like the factory one?

Are there picatinny rails on the market, that slide under the dovetails before attaching? Or are they just bolted on top, like the T3 picatinny?

Are there anything on these that break more often then other parts? I might purchase a couple of spare bits for it before the build starts.

jay 22

the 22/250 mag will feed them fine. as for the lug am not sure. i would want the rifle bedded into the stock. if you have it bedded the smith doing the bedding will bed a lug in if it doesn't all ready come with one.

you could ask mcmillan about it. send them a email direct see if the a5 comes with a recoil lug inbedded

best of look with the built. northman_83

srvet

When I had my 595 rebarreled the smith binned the angle iron Tikka item and used a thick Remmie style lug between barrel and action. A slot to accept the recoil lug was milled and then the whole lot glass bedded. Just another way round

jay 22

When I had my 595 rebarreled the smith binned the angle iron Tikka item and used a thick Remmie style lug between barrel and action. A slot to accept the recoil lug was milled and then the whole lot glass bedded. Just another way round

ive seen people use the remmy style lug. makes sense when rebarreling i guess alot stronger also

srvet

Was done by Norman Clark who used a lot of 595 actions for his builds at the time. Has been a rock solid performer for the last 13 years or so!