Tikka 595 Picatinny Rail

SDM

Just bought the above rail and wishing to add my z4i 30mm tube 56mm objective.

My Question is what would be the best mounts (make) and height to use with the rail to keep scope low as possible without touching the barrel (obviously) recommendations great fully recieved

many thanks John SDM

I've used Tier One previously, now using March, both very high quality. I don't think here's a huge choice in heights, medium or high, pretty sure medium would work, but a phone call to the vendors armed with the OD of your objective end should get you the right thing.

Just bought the above rail and wishing to add my z4i 30mm tube 56mm objective.

My Question is what would be the best mounts (make) and height to use with the rail to keep scope low as possible without touching the barrel (obviously) recommendations great fully recieved

many thanks John SDM

I use 9mm Recknagel lever QR's on my 595/.17Rem with a Zeiss 6-24x56 on a 10mm high EGW rail and that gives me 8.50/8.60mm clearance on the barrel.....

I have to use the 9mm's to clear the 'under turret' bulge on this 'scope which isn't there on Swaro's so you might(should) be able to get away with the 6mm highs.

I've had no problems with loss of zero in the 3 odd years I've been using these mounts on 3 rifles and switch between day 'scope / NV on dark and the rifles sit in the cabinet without 'scopes on too.

http://www.alanrhone.com/images/products-recknagel-cat-9-rings.pdf

And Alan Rhone's Customer Service is pretty damn good too...... ;)

Cheers

Fizz
:cool:

I use 9mm Recknagel lever QR's on my 595/.17Rem with a Zeiss 6-24x56 on a 10mm high EGW rail and that gives me 8.50/8.60mm clearance on the barrel.....

I have to use the 9mm's to clear the 'under turret' bulge on this 'scope which isn't there on Swaro's so you might(should) be able to get away with the 6mm highs.

I've had no problems with loss of zero in the 3 odd years I've been using these mounts on 3 rifles and switch between day 'scope / NV on dark and the rifles sit in the cabinet without 'scopes on too.

http://www.alanrhone.com/images/products-recknagel-cat-9-rings.pdf

And Alan Rhone's Customer Service is pretty damn good too...... ;)

Cheers

Fizz
:cool:

I've the same on my 595 and also have no loss of zero when putting back on after fitting drone

Sportsmatch. ...... good enough for accuracy international! !

Medium might be a tad low..... your rail will be no thicker than the optilock bases or leupold bases.... so you may still need to use high rings for a 56 mm objective.

Back