• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: Tikka 595 weaver rail @ screws

Deerless

Anyone got a Weaver rail and screws to fit a 595that they would like to part with.
17 rem so assume it is the short action.

Thanks for Looking.

srvet

I got my rail from third eye tactical and the screws off ebay. There is a bit of a debate as to the size of screws but M3.5 fitted my Tikka 595

aaronbott

I'd check your measurements M3.5 is correct in the literature and in fitting my rifle. I'd be surprised if a continental rifle maker used an imperial thread....
Yup - checked them and even bought some very nice stainless torx screws after some advice on here. They did not fit!
rang the importers who informed me correctly that they are 6-48 and are the same as the t3

Deerless

Sorted now.

Thanks to those who posted with helpful replies, and to those who hijacked it to engage in an argument over screw sizes, this is just another reason why I am reluctant to post requests or questions.
All I asked was if anyone had a rail and screws, but as is so often in recent threads, people see fit to post opion and then start an argument.
I think it may be easier to simply monitor the forum in future and only reply to posts via pm when an item is posted for sale.

fizzbangwhallop

Sorted now.

Thanks to those who posted with helpful replies, and to those who hijacked it to engage in an argument over screw sizes, this is just another reason why I am reluctant to post requests or questions.
All I asked was if anyone had a rail and screws, but as is so often in recent threads, people see fit to post opion and then start an argument.
I think it may be easier to simply monitor the forum in future and only reply to posts via pm when an item is posted for sale.

Yeah.... but if the screws supplied with the rail didn't fit then you'd be back at the seller complaining and then on here for advice?

Hardly a hi-jack or an argument..... my 595 is 6x48UNC, Thesmi was looking for replacement screws on his T3 in the week before Christmas and was told by GMK that T3's are 6x48 post 2004... I sent him a mix of M3.5's and 6x48UNC's and the 6x48's supplied to me by EGW when I reversed my rail to give better eye relief on my NV 'scope are now holding his rail on.

Fizz