tikka m590 issue

Acm

hey guys, my main foxing rifle is a tikka m590 in .222, its recently stopped ejecting the cases out of the action and instead leaves them in the action preventing a fast reload. has anyone had anything similar to this? thanks very much
andy

Triggermortis

I have the same rifle, I’ve never had it leave a case in the breach but the bolt like any bolt may need a strip and clean

Reactions: Acm

GnZ

Check the ejector springs. These fail quite regularly on rifles and most likely cause of brass that has been dragged out but not thrown anywhere.

Ronin

Distinguished Member
More likely to be the extractor being worn and letting go as the case is under tension

Though you could change the ejector and spring as well as both parts are cheap to replace making the rifle good for another thirty years

Acm

More likely to be the extractor being worn and letting go as the case is under tension

Though you could change the ejector and spring as well as both parts are cheap to replace making the rifle good for another thirty years
Thanks for this ronin, any idea where I can order the parts from?

Ronin

Distinguished Member
Both are available from GMK through most RFD -relatively easy to change the parts though you will
Need an appropriate punch for the ejector retaining pin and a small pick to push the extractor spring to release the extractor

Ask a local rfd to you to get the parts And fit them to the bolt

If you can’t find anyone then you could send the bolt to me and I can do the job for you - though it’s better to have rifle and bolt to check all working (the extractor kit usually contains two extractors - one or both may work but you don’t know till they are fitted and tested

I don’t carry the parts in stock by the way but they can be obtained within 48 hrs

Last edited:
Reactions: Acm