Tikka or sako mounts

Ttocs

There are new bases out now and I may be wron but I don’t think the old rings fit the new bases
Ttocs

8x57

Distinguished Member
There are new bases out now and I may be wron but I don’t think the old rings fit the new bases
Ttocs
What makes you think that Ttocs?
I thought the new bases were simply more rounded but basically the same.

Ttocs

You’re correct, my error, it’s the HD rings that won’t fit the standard bases; the standard rings do fit the HD bases.
Ttocs

8x57

Distinguished Member
To be perfectly honest I find the Optilock information on the Sako/Tikka site slightly confusing.
Just my personal opinion but I think that they could probably improve on the way that they present the information, or at least clarify what your options are.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Yes mine did but you need to swap the front and back base around.
Then you would have had only very limited contact between the bases with the receiver, because the Sako receiver has a tapered dovetail and the Tikka receiver has a parallel dovetail. Very hit and miss literally.

big ears

Then you would have had only very limited contact between the bases with the receiver, because the Sako receiver has a tapered dovetail and the Tikka receiver has a parallel dovetail. Very hit and miss literally.
Not so, that said they are 7 years old. They were on my sako 85 and then I put them on my Tikka T3. They have remained on there and have NEVER lost zero.