Tikka T3. 243

Jeffo

I am having light primer strike, had one a few months ago, didn't take much notice, but went out the other night, and had 3 in a row, is it due to dirt in the firing pin, spring,

Jeffo

That's what I was thinking,is brake cleaner and work the spring the best way to clean it

Jeffo

My problem was the dirt in the firing mechanism,give it a good clean and i have had no problems since,and have fired approx a 100 rounds since cleaning.

caberslash

The most important thing is to run the firing pin spring dry.

Dissassemble and degrease the firing pin, you can use a very small amount of high quality grease (Loctite 8009 metal free anti sieze grease) on the back of the bolt locking lugs and cocking ramp.

Clean trigger mech flush out with lighter fluid.

The old idea of 'oilling' your rifle is a terrible one. We are not shooting black powder muskets. Oil anywhere near the chamber is asking for trouble.

MarinePMI

These are home loads cci Br2 primers
Just an FYI, but BR primers have a harder cup. Not as hard as the CCI-43(?) used in semi auto's, but hard enough that some rifles can experience light strikes. Sometimes bumping the shoulder back too far can also cause light strikes, as the case is driven forward by the blow, eating up some inertia that usually is applied to the primer itself.

Tikka bolts are pretty simple to take apart and clean. I'd recommend you start there.