Tikka t3 cheek piece

remmy

Been looking for a kydex cheek piece for ages and the only one I can find was over the pond so I decided to have a go and made my own. Fixed it on with two strips of Velcro and it's rock solid had it out yesterday and it worked a treat.
Pm me for details.

FGYT

I get a few asks for these but havent got to doing one yet

Did you use 2mm ( 0.080" ) or 3mm (0.125") thick Kydex

nun_hunter

loads on YouTube about working with kydex including making knife sheaths
regards
Jimmy
I've seen how to make the knife sheaths and the presses used to form the shape but wasn't sure how you would do something as big and bulky as a stock. Could just wrap some materiel round it until it cools but thought there is probably a better way.

rigboot

I've seen how to make the knife sheaths and the presses used to form the shape but wasn't sure how you would do something as big and bulky as a stock. Could just wrap some materiel round it until it cools but thought there is probably a better way.
Here's how I did mine, once you've heated the kydex, I found it best to form it on the stock & clamp it down to cool.
Should you need to adjust, use a heat gun, its pretty simple once you've cut your shape out.
See here:
DIY Kydex Cheek piece

FGYT

3mm Kydex is the one to use

Most seem to shame its only available in black plenty of colours and cammo patterns in 2mm

Have another 8ft x 4ft sheet coming in soon with some 2mm sheets for other jobs will try one some day

FGYT

Its fairly simple a heatgun will do and will drape on to the stock you could pull a cloth round it and hold as it cool

Wear gloves the Kydex will be 125-150deg C and will burn your fingers if you hold it to long 3mm will take a while to heat up and also hold the heat longer than thinner stuff

Heres my Vids on how to Kydex mostly for knives but it all applies

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1EC429D8C9CB86C

Last edited: