Tikka T3 mounts for Yukon photon 6.5 x50

J DAVISON

Hi guys, is anyone on here using a Yukon on aTikka T3 varmint, I’m wanting to know what mounts your using? Low, Med or high etc.
Atb jay

paul o'

I'v still got my QR as above that were sent down by S.C with my photon , I don't use one anymore and buyer did't wish them so there sitting on the bench . Mine were on a tikka 695 with rail .

DJB266

Will probably find you need high mounts due to the size of the unit! Fully adjustable mounts are good shout if you want to pay a little extra as the photons can sometimes need shimming in standard mounts!

neilamph

Will probably find you need high mounts due to the size of the unit! Fully adjustable mounts are good shout if you want to pay a little extra as the photons can sometimes need shimming in standard mounts!
Yep had photon on a .223 some years ago but due to lack of adjustment I was unable to zero it properly, especially windage.... I think sportsmatch now do fully adjustable mounts for the photon for this reason... Good luck

DJB266

Yep had photon on a .223 some years ago but due to lack of adjustment I was unable to zero it properly, especially windage.... I think sportsmatch now do fully adjustable mounts for the photon for this reason... Good luck

Indeed they do!

another option to bare in mind is lean back high mounts, they can help greatly with eye relief!

nun_hunter

Indeed they do!

another option to bare in mind is lean back high mounts, they can help greatly with eye relief!

Forgot to add of the 3 rifles I had the Photon on all had 20moa rails and I had no issues with zeroing but may have done without the inclined rail. Without TA doubt the best mount I used was a Burris PEPR mount designed for an AR15 but on backwards so it brought the scope further back so eye relief was a lot better.

Robek1980

i have tried Britannia 0 MOA rail with Vortex Cantilever mount (2 inch off set, after i have been told that SW30 is suitable for 22LR only) with my Photon RT 50 on my tikka t3x 223 varmint and it was 10 inches low at 50 yards. SO 0 MOA off and ordered a 20 MOA instead (ha snot turned up yet) that will hopefully cure the problem.

Smelly Yeti

Hi Jay. I use a rail and the SW mount on my Tikka and happy with it. Slightly out on windage (+12 right) but not unbearable but made positive difference to elevation.... was previously mounted on my Rem 700 VSSF using Leupold STD mounts and needed +20Moa shim to bring elevation closer to centre but with the SW no shim needed and only -6 down. The rail and SW also give far better eye relief. Also using Bisley Sportsmatch adjustable with my other photon on my .22 BRNO and works really well but believe that they won’t fit the T3 dovetail and therefore still need to be used with a rail which works out more expensive?

Robek1980

Hi Jay. I use a rail and the SW mount on my Tikka and happy with it. Slightly out on windage (+12 right) but not unbearable but made positive difference to elevation.... was previously mounted on my Rem 700 VSSF using Leupold STD mounts and needed +20Moa shim to bring elevation closer to centre but with the SW no shim needed and only -6 down. The rail and SW also give far better eye relief. Also using Bisley Sportsmatch adjustable with my other photon on my .22 BRNO and works really well but believe that they won’t fit the T3 dovetail and therefore still need to be used with a rail which works out more expensive?
Hi Yeti are you still using a 20MOA rail on the tikka with the sw30 or just a 0MOA rail, what make rail? Thanks Rob