Tikka T3 Trouble

C

Carl Gustaf

Guest
#1
I've just this weekend brought a stainless/synthetic Tikka T3 'lite'. I have'nt put any rounds through it yet, just dry fired it twice. Bugger me the black plastic end cap (bolt shroud part no S5850243) off the bolt fell off and wont go back on! There doesn't seem to be any damage to it. As we say in the RN 'It just came off in my hand Chief'! :oops: :cry:
Anyone out there had any similar experiences?
 
B

Bagpuss

Guest
#2
T3's are a pile of junk. Not a patch on the 595's or 695's and definitely nowhere near the quality of the M55's.

Sorry but its true.
 
C

Carl Gustaf

Guest
#3
Message from Mrs Carl Gustaf.

I read the manual and fixed it. I know it goes against all your core beliefs!

Mr Carl Gustaf has been sent to bed without his tea and will not be allowed to play with his weapon for a while. :oops:
 

swampy

Account Suspended
#4
message for Mrs Charlie G

Manuals are all well and good, but blokes like us, we just don't need to read them. It was purely coincidence that you managed to get it on.




a few years ago i bought a bennelli nova and stamped on the choke key was "remove before firing"


swampy
(i can read maps but not manuals)
 
C

Carl Gustaf

Guest
#8
Now that Mrs Gustaf is out of the way, I can confirm that Swampy was right! Pure fluke! Anyway its working now and the manual is in the bin! ' It is the work of the devil and I will not have it in the house'! Imagine a book that can only be read by women? 'Witchcraft that's what it is'!
Ooops she's coming back! :(
 

SWR

Account Suspended
#9
Bagpuss said:
T3's are a pile of junk. Not a patch on the 595's or 695's and definitely nowhere near the quality of the M55's.

Sorry but its true.


I have a heavy barreled M55 Contenental in 22-250 with less than 200 rounds down it the new T3 are like a pile of scrap compared to the build quality of the old Tikkas if the shroud fell off playing with the damm thing imagine whats going to happen when you really use it. :evil:
 

remmy7

Well-Known Member
#10
Hi all,

I purchased T3 Lite/Stainless in September 2006 and guess what? the plastic shroud fell of as soon as I dry fired it. It took a bit of working out how to replace it but when done I formed the opinion that it had merely been incorrectly fitted in the first instance. To date I have had no problems and a check of my game records show 15 beasts have been grassed by it. It is not an expensive firearm but a functional tool and you only get what you pay for (its definately not a Rigby). I dare say that should it let me down some day then I will be the first to complain but at the moment I cant see why it should, even the cheap plastic bits should survive a while.

Cheers Remmy7
 
N

Nemo

Guest
#11
SWR said:
Bagpuss said:
T3's are a pile of junk. Not a patch on the 595's or 695's and definitely nowhere near the quality of the M55's.

Sorry but its true.


I have a heavy barreled M55 Contenental in 22-250 with less than 200 rounds down it the new T3 are like a pile of scrap compared to the build quality of the old Tikkas if the shroud fell off playing with the damm thing imagine whats going to happen when you really use it. :evil:
M55's are superb. I have 2 brought new, a .243 and a .270. I'll never sell them, as you would never find a replacement of the same quality with out going down the custom build route. You dont buy crap just because its cheap. :cry:
 
B

Bagpuss

Guest
#12
SWR said:
I have a heavy barreled M55 Contenental in 22-250
Ditto. Its had rather more than 200 rounds thru it. Still producing 0.5" groups though.:D


SWR said:
the new T3 are like a pile of scrap compared to the build quality of the old Tikkas if the shroud fell off playing with the damm thing imagine whats going to happen when you really use it. :evil:
Absolutely. :evil: Just happy its not me. :D
 

Thar

Well-Known Member
#13
The problem was the old Tikka was too good. Once Beretta had purchased both Tikka and Sako the Tikka 595/695 were to close to the model 75 Sako in quality and performance.

Tikka were told to design a gun that was cheaper to manufacture that would compete with the lower end of the market leaving Sako a free run at the top.

The T3 was designed to be built on only one action size with plastic mag’ and trigger guard ect. When they came out all the reviews remarked on the price (how cheap they were). Despite this the T3 is accurate and reliable.

If you look at the second hand price of Tikka 595 and 695s you will see that they are the same as a new one 4/5 years ago when they were discontinued. :eek:

ATB

Thar
 
B

Bagpuss

Guest
#14
Thar said:
When they came out all the reviews remarked on the price (how cheap they were). Despite this the T3 is accurate and reliable.
Thats just not so.I suggest you read this review from one of the most respect unbiased reviewers around.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/critical_look_T3.htm

Thar said:
If you look at the second hand price of Tikka 595 and 695s you will see that they are the same as a new one 4/5 years ago when they were discontinued
And the m55's are even better than the 595's and 695's. :lol:
 
C

Carl Gustaf

Guest
#15
Ho no, do you think the deer will mind that I've shot them with such a inferior rifle!

No I can't handle the shame. I'm going to end it all!

Click.....plop! bugger the bolt shrouds feel off again! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

Thar

Well-Known Member
#16
Bagpuss said:
Thats just not so.I suggest you read this review from one of the most respect unbiased reviewers around.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/critical_look_T3.htm
This is just somebody having a rant on the internet, not a proper review for any established respected magazine. Having said that I do agree with some of what he says but not all. It is by in large accepted that to get the best accuracy out of a rifle that it is desirable to have a floated barrel and here is this guy saying it should be pressure bedded, these were arguments for 20 years ago. Hello it is the 21st century. :evil:

I have two friends that have T3 and both are happy with the way they shoot (1moa).

I am sure Carl will shoot plenty of deer with his T3, would another rifle be better engineered probably yes would you get more deer in the bag with it probably not. :D

Thar
 
C

Carl Gustaf

Guest
#17
Quite right Thar, I'm used to rubbish plastic guns, 11 years of running around with a SA80 5.56. Now that was a nail! But aleast it had a bayonet! :lol:
 
B

Bagpuss

Guest
#18
Thar said:
This is just somebody having a rant on the internet, not a proper review for any established respected magazine. Having said that I do agree with some of what he says but not all. It is by in large accepted that to get the best accuracy out of a rifle that it is desirable to have a floated barrel and here is this guy saying it should be pressure bedded, these were arguments for 20 years ago. Hello it is the 21st century. :evil:

I have two friends that have T3 and both are happy with the way they shoot (1moa).

I am sure Carl will shoot plenty of deer with his T3, would another rifle be better engineered probably yes would you get more deer in the bag with it probably not. :D

Thar
Chuck Hawkes is a well respected independent reviewer and article writer.
When was the last time you read an unbiased review from some shooting magazine staff writer? Fully floated , pressure bedded or fully bedded are still relevant in the 21st century. It is all about barrel harmonics in the end. There is no single road to success when it comes to rifles.
As with everything. Its horses for courses. Personally I wouldn't have one, if I could pay for it with bolts and washers. Would carl put more deer in the bag with a better quality rifle probably. As it wont fall apart on him quite as quick, and it would hold its zero better. :)
 
C

Carl Gustaf

Guest
#19
Carl had 11 years as a gunner in the Royal Navy and has fired everything from 9mm Browning pistol to Macdonald Douglas Harpoon Missile. Carl will do very well with whatever he uses. Carl likes guns and explosives too! Carl will use fieldcraft and camoflauge to get up close to nasty muntjacies, on need for 0.5 inch groupings at 30 metres. Carl likes vension sausages for tea! Yum yum....:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
 

Top