Tilley Hat

reloader54

none of 'em that cost 70 bloody quid!!!!

no offence but some people have more money than sense.

just my opinion, there are others.:cool:

Tilley's T3 Wanderer is a protective and breathable sun-hat with a pre-washed, worn-in look

^ like dorks that buy jeans with holes and busted seams for more than a new pair cost, just to look "hip"

here you go, save yerself a few quid,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multicam-Boonie-Bucket-Bush-Jungle-Hat-Wide-Brim-Army-Military-Sun-Cap-Cadet/113169109326?hash=item1a5967914e:m:mYcyC08Fg5tJePKwDtzhgmw

I bought 5 of these in various patterns/colours 20 years ago still got 'em wear one every day.

Last edited:

pendle

none of 'em that cost 70 bloody quid!!!!

no offence but some people have more money than sense.

just my opinion, there are others.:cool:

Tilley's T3 Wanderer is a protective and breathable sun-hat with a pre-washed, worn-in look

^ like dorks that buy jeans with holes and busted seams for more than a new pair cost, just to look "hip"

here you go, save yerself a few quid,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multicam-Boonie-Bucket-Bush-Jungle-Hat-Wide-Brim-Army-Military-Sun-Cap-Cadet/113169109326?hash=item1a5967914e:m:mYcyC08Fg5tJePKwDtzhgmw

I bought 5 of these in various patterns/colours 20 years ago still got 'em wear one every day.

I was only looking . I have a bonnie hat but the brim is **** . I want it for stalking. kayaking to keep the sun off my bald patch . Saw a fella in work wearing something simular but again the brim was floppy . Tillys float as well so they say

JohnT

Wanderer (T3). Bought it years ago and have worn it in all sorts of weather, countries, activities, etc.. The only mistake I made was to get the light-coloured one, it picks up dirt so easily. One packet of green Dylon fixed that.It is the best hat I have ever had.

Stover Rover

I have an original one no model or style on the label, snaps on either side to go "Aussie" or "cowboy". Had it over 20 years I think I winced at £25 at the time. Great for sun and rain.

SDC7x57

Like Stover above, I've had mine for so long I can't remember what I paid for it.....it's without doubt the best hat I have. Simples......

sauer

Tilley Th5 hemp hat

Best hat I’ve ever owned
As for more money than sense buying a hat ...

My money my hat my choice...

Plus it’s relative and I can afford it 😗

Factor in the years you’ll have it , use it and it works out cheap, and their warranty is good from what I’ve heard or those that use it.

Same with anything in life you want quality .... you pay for it
....... getting value is different .... & you’ll get both quality & value with a Tilley hat

Paul

Dickie

I have the hemp one I can’t remember if it’s the wide or medium brim.
spot on for keeping dry and the sun off pricy but then like other posts on here about rifles, scopes, knives & binos your money spend it how you want.

ChesterP

I've a couple similar, one which has been with me 20 years now (a leather Jackaroo similar to the Tilley). Wouldn't pay £70 for a Tilley...agree with the more money than sense comment. At half the price, one of my better buys was a South African Pudneys tanned leather bush hat. Much lighter than the heavy Jackaroo, great for summer as well as winter. Hasn't been eaten by an elephant yet...

Willie

Looking at buying the Tilley Wanderer T3 from Go Outdoors.

RRP £70
Go Outdoors price £63
-10% price match (e-outdoor £58.91) £53.01
£5 Go Outdoors voucher £48.01

At £48.01 still expensive but a lot cheaper than the useless Harkilla Hunter Pro X cap my wife bought me at £75.

VSS

Tilley Th5 hemp hat

Best hat I’ve ever owned
As for more money than sense buying a hat ...

My money my hat my choice...

Plus it’s relative and I can afford it 😗

Factor in the years you’ll have it , use it and it works out cheap, and their warranty is good from what I’ve heard or those that use it.

Same with anything in life you want quality .... you pay for it
....... getting value is different .... & you’ll get both quality & value with a Tilley hat

Paul

This ^^^^^
TH5 is the best hat available, IMO.

Harry mac

T3 Wanderer. Discounted from Go-Outdoors. Yes, I did whince at the price; but being a Yorkshireman, I whince at most prices above ten bob!

greenshoots

i have 3 of them 1 wool winter, light coloured for heavy sun and green one with mesh vent around top that i wear the most

greenshoots

PHS.1952

Hats are something I have never been able to get on with so I only wear the hat I was born with but with advancing years the change in colour means it probably act as a beacon giving the deer advanced warning of my approach :-|

Paul

Cyres

I had my first one 25+ years ago and it wore out and was replaced FOC under life time warranty and old one returned. So now have 2 old one for shooting other for posher activities. Brilliant hat been everywhere and v good on high mountains in Switzerland. Mine is loose enough to allow me to wear ear defenders with hat over them.

Money very well spent. Get to look at a good selection and try on, needs to be a loose fit.

D