Timespan for variation in Grampian

Malxwal

Quick one folks, anybody got an idea of how long it's currently taking for Police Scotland to do a variation (additional caliber) in Grampian ?

Mick9abf

I put one in July time. Handed it in on the Thursday and had it back on the Tuesday or Wednesday, have always found the former Grampian team to be spot on and quick to contact you if anything needs clarification.

Just make sure you ask who the cheque is to be made out to because my mate got a call asking if he could send a new one to them as he had put Grampian Police so they couldn't accept it when he put in for a variation for additional calibre.

Malxwal

Or perhaps not, FEO reckons hopefully within a fortnight. Seems the single force has impacted on the firearms dept resources.

Malxwal

Pfffft, next week "we should get round to it" I am informed. No new toy this time home then...
Shouldn't grumble I suppose, I know other areas wait months.

Mick9abf

I would imagine it will be staff cut backs accompanied by that everything is now dominated by the former Strathclyde force area, crap situation - cheers Alex, that one force thing you pushed through has saved loads of money so far eh??

Last edited:

Malxwal

Aye, apparently only one poor quine dealing with all firearms stuff, and her boss saying he's not sure if he's helping or hindering by trying to help.
As for Alex, I wouldn't p*** on him if he was on fire.

gerarddwatts

Aye, apparently only one poor quine dealing with all firearms stuff, and her boss saying he's not sure if he's helping or hindering by trying to help.
As for Alex, I wouldn't p*** on him if he was on fire.

Now then, how many on here will have a clue what you mean by 'poor quine'!!!

Malxwal

I just got a variation back and it was about 4 weeks as opposed to the 4 days previous.
My 3 weeks was good then. But I had been in dialogue with my FEO regarding it in relation to a new bit of land I'd got on, and he is a decent guy, so I think he may have chased it a bit when I inquired as to its progress.

Mr B

I put my FAC in for a swap, ie one unused auth changed for a different caliber. Explained that I was in a hurry and it was actioned the same day the FAC arrived at police HQ. Couldn't ask for a better service!

Feugh

I just got my FAC through. I submitted it on the 3rd March and got the certificate on the 8th May. That's not so bad, I'm just happy to have it.