Tom o tick removers

DJC

Hi why can't the people who make Tom o tick removers put a hole in and a ring so you could have them on a key ring ready to use got three off my dog but struggle to find the tick removers for ages lol

Alantoo

Hi why can't the people who make Tom o tick removers put a hole in and a ring so you could have them on a key ring ready to use got three off my dog but struggle to find the tick removers for ages lol
I have got sets everywhere...both cars, bathroom cabinet, briefcase, first aid kit and beating jacket pocket...trouble is now I have to try and remember lots of safe places. Brain power not what it was!

Alan

DJC

Same here I have about 6 sets but could not find any when needed lol

Alantoo

Email them and suggest it?
Good idea. They are very approachable.

The lady that answered my query as to why they were not curved like a claw hammer so that you don't pick up so much hair with the tips when rotating, was very helpfu. She sent me a few sets of their old style ones for me to try. The old ones were more curvy in the shank and even more likely to pick up hair...I must have a go with a heat gun and see if I can alter some to how I think it would be better.

Alan

Alantoo

Who do you email going to try a drill them myself and carry a set on my keys as most times when out you have your keys .or fit something too them so can attach a ring
I just emailed the company address off the O'Tom.com website.

I used to have a set of allen keys that were held on a ring with springs a bit like a biro spring...you rotated the allen key to get it in and out, easy provided you went in the same direction which opened the coils...should work quite well with an O'Tom. You could take it off the bunch quicker than unthreading a keyring.

Alan

banus

i keep mine in fac case as is always with me if i have firearm and keep two in the vehicle ash tray,

DJC

Allan keys

I just emailed the company address off the O'Tom.com website.

I used to have a set of allen keys that were held on a ring with springs a bit like a biro spring...you rotated the allen key to get it in and out, easy provided you went in the same direction which opened the coils...should work quite well with an O'Tom. You could take it off the bunch quicker than unthreading a keyring.

Alan
I thought about something like that it make sence to have them with you all the time .i Only walk the dogs for 5 mins and they ran though some bushes etc took 5 off her coat checked her well no more checked her again about 1 hour later 3 attached .theres more than ever now

opticron1

As we are coming into the "tic-time" of the year as more and more of us get out and about, it's always good to have a ready supply of the pliers/cards/flamethrowers to get rid of the little b*ggers. There's a piece in the Times today highlighting the problem and some sensible advice and potential treatments. Hopefully GP's are a bit more clued up about Lyme disease these days, but the best advice is avoid getting bitten in the first place..... and have a willing volunteer to do the searching bit at the end of a day!

limulus

Remove about an inch of the inner from a length of paracord. Put the end of the Otom into the paracord after applying a spot of contact adhesive then make whatever mechanism you want to carry the otom conveniently.