Top knife maker - UK

Which knife maker/company would you regard to produce the highest quality knives in the UK?

• Total voters
I’ll vote Danum as I have one! I’d love one of Stuart’s and when pennies allow I’ll get one.

Major vote for snakes knives too, quite a lot cheaper than my Danum but heck is it a great knife! Seriously good.

Current collection, my first stalking knife-Helle, then a F1 custom by Danum, snakes knife, Danum fallow catcher. More to come😉IMG_2519.jpeg

I’ll vote Danum as I have one! I’d love one of Stuart’s and when pennies allow I’ll get one.

Major vote for snakes knives too, quite a lot cheaper than my Danum but heck is it a great knife! Seriously good.

Current collection, my first stalking knife-Helle, then a F1 custom by Danum, snakes knife, Danum fallow catcher. More to come😉View attachment 365053

Very nice collection JH83

What is the wood used on the Danum fallow, looks to have a good pattern and colour
Cheers
Phil

Would be fair to say I have a preference / an addiction 😂
My wife bought me the antler handled knife for my 30th and Stuart built it to my spec, the handle is made from the antler of my first wild stag.
What I like about Stuart’s knives is that while the Portland series and stock patterns will do everything any of us need, and be a beautiful thing to own too, there is the option of a true custom knife.
My antler knife was designed by me with inputs from Stuart to be a knife to hunt everything, it was perfectly executed and I treasure it. It’s done muntjac - reds and I always enjoy carrying it. That being said when I’m out culling it’s a p120 on my belt every time, for fallow and up I think that’s about as good as a knife that’s been made so far.

To boot Stuart is a lovely bloke, who has become a mate, and I always enjoy speaking with him.
No shade on any other makers, I was looking at Guy Stainthorps knives at the stalking show and liked the look of them too, and the emberleaf guys make a great product too.
I think we are well catered for here in the U.K. for handmade knives!

Attachments

• IMG_3606.jpeg
    IMG_3606.jpeg
    459 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3607.jpeg
    IMG_3607.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 84
I would happily own one of Peter Eatons, Stuart Mitchell’s, Danums or Guy Stainthorp and truly believe I had the very best cutlery produced in the UK and probably the world. It seems slightly disrespectful to single out one of them as better than the other.

Hadn't heard of Manor knives before. All the hunting/bushcraft knives on the website are skandis. Does he do other profiles to order?

Dougster on here made lovely knives.Mine must be close if not over a decade.The first real custom knife I ever bought and stayed with me since.
I'd love to get a stainless liner for the sheath.
Perfect shape imo,handle is Welsh sycamore and will no doubt be handed down.

Attachments

• IMG_20221126_152546.jpg
    IMG_20221126_152546.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 40
Back