Trackers in Berkshire wanted for finding missing/gone to ground(?) teckle

Marnie M

Hi all,
my teckle has disappeared, not his style being a sofa loving lad. He escaped(?) the garden with the other teckle morning of 22.10.15 Normally they just dig up the mouse bank on the other side of the gate but this time the female was spotted in the village and returned with a big tear in her side (guessing barbed wire, even though the cut was from floor to ceiling). The male was last seen heading charging across a neighbours paddock heading for home (across a country lane), yet he didn't arrive back. It's a big and upsetting mystery. The village have been out in force looking for him up and down the surrounding Downs near West Ilsley part of The Ridgeway (Berks/Oxon border). Gamekeepers have now installed infra red cameras, posters and social media are spreading the word. But I have to wonder if a) he was hit on the lane and went somewhere quiet to lick his wounds, b) got distracted and went off hunting and gotten disorientated c) has gone to ground. It is time for the professionals! My teckels attended a tracking course and so I know there are dogs that know how to track that aren't part of a hunting pack (such as local blood hounds), and I ask if anyone might be near enough to West Ilsley to challenge their dog with finding mine.
Any help gratefully received.

goathunter1

Ah, god, I sympathise. My bold lad did a runner in Skye - got him at the vet in Broadford 9 hrs later, and then again in Argyll. Got him in the polis pound next morning - thanks be to god, but it is hellishly saddening. I wish I was closer, I'd be on the constant patrol to see if I could find him.
Keep imagining a positive outcome and, may I say, surprisingly, get the word out on facebook. Its amazingly powerful although I hate it. My partner did the business the last time and a girl in Islay, miles away, saw another post and eventually we tracked the little toerag down.
I'm supporting from afar.

weeman

I feel for you. I have three teckels. They are my life. I Truely hope you're reunited soon. Fingers crossed. Lay a coat with your scent on allowing them to scent you. It has huge positive impacts. They will scent before see. Make noises that they are use to. You'll be surprised to what they know that you don't. They'll be looking for you now bare that in mind, reminise your actions.

Fingers crossed!!

Marnie M

Sparty fingers crossed and a help me find him poster/social media thing

fingers, arms, legs crossed. And your words are wise. I'm just back from twilight search/scent laying after a full days calling, prodding and staring at rabbit holes and the full moon will probably have me up for now the 4th night. There was a possible sighting after midnight on Friday of something like him (not a cat or muntjac) running from The Ridgeway to the farm behind the church here in West Ilsley. For the last couple of nights folk have insisted there has been midnight barking so I will be out exploring. Maybe he's turned into a werewolf! Everything that is going on is very unlike him. If he has been picked up I think this site might be a valuable tool to aiding a recovery and I want all tecklers to be aware of his disappearance. Gotta keep all networks going til the heart breaker is found. Thank you Weeman, your words of support are appreciated. Spread the word! am attaching a poster, Marn

Attachments

Marnie M

Thank you Goathunter1, I am already astounded by the support on facebook and have learned the potential power of it. It reminded me that teckle lovers would be another good route to spread the word and this site is good for teckle lovers. Am attaching his 'missing' poster http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=93579#.Vi0cB7fhC70 maybe you could share it with your world for me? Or if it was easier you become my friend on facebook. I've not thought much of that site until today so have a daft name : Moonbeam Mahone, but do look me up to share the searching/finding power.
Many many thanks for your kind words. Support has been astounding, such is the power of a teckle! :eek:) who should be home.

Marnie M

Thank you Tony, have pm'd the pm :eek:) hope it makes sense. And if Richard Evans is reading this, would he please contact me would love to see if we can organise something but can't find his contact details.

ttfn, Marn

cookingfat

Thank you Tony, have pm'd the pm :eek:) hope it makes sense. And if Richard Evans is reading this, would he please contact me would love to see if we can organise something but can't find his contact details.

ttfn, Marn
his SD name is stone

Marnie M

thank you SBM, still on the case, spread the word! http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=93579

Have created a FIND SPARTACUS facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Finding-Spartacus-159351614415677/
Am brand spanking new to all this yet networking seems to be amassing support and getting the word out and without that I stand a more diminished chance of him returning. Have resigned to the idea he may have been picked up, seems the most likely. Just hope he is safe and sound.
Black and tan, wirehaired and very teckley.

Last edited:

Marnie M

sorry, just realised there are two pages to the thread!

wee man is chipped: number is 900088000408879. Tattoo in his ear.
I think I am learning that microchipping is dependent on the company being known to the scanner and microchipping doesn't automatically give the scanner the owners details. Can you believe it!

thank you for asking. He's still at large (I hope). :eek:( 28.10.15 radio stns, post offices, vets, police, posters everywhere, facebook, dog registers, local delivery companies are all alerted to keep eyes and ears peeled. His facebook page Finding Spartacus could be found under my Moonbeam Mahone page, if you wanted to get involved in sharing. ? Thanks Goathunter1, from Marnie

Marnie M

Got ya Stone, sorry hadn't realised the thread went onto another page doh!

she has a website called k9tracker.co.uk am nagging the poor woman. But just want to know he isn't local/gone to ground so I can focus on the next strategy. It is big land here, and the number of people walking and looking locally is so good to the point of overwhelming, but as yet my boy has not been spotted, heard or owt.

Need to have as many folk as poss aware he is missing, for have learned of a wire haired dax (standard) in neighbouring village 10 miles away went missing a month ago. It was on a shoot, and I am probably being hyper sensitive (paranoid!).

Will send updates and let you know how things proceed with Jenny.

Thank you for your support, and information and call, Marn

Marnie M

alas, today 1.11.15 at 4pm the little fella is not yet returned :eek:(
He has a page with DogsLost: http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=93579
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/moonbeam.mahone.1?fref=nf
Lots of posters around West Ilsley area have and are going up.
Am being advised to advertise in The Countryman.... any constructive advice greedily accepted. All eyes peeled and ears to the ground is all I can ask. He is microchipped and has a tattoo in his ear and does respond to his name Spartacus if you feel compelled to give a shout when out and about.
Thank you for writing Jimmy, please keep wishing his safe return, he is a great lad and very much loved pet. From Marn

seibassman7

Marn

thanks for the udate although it is not yet the good news you are after. Do keep us updated as I am sure a large number of people on here would like to be kept informed about spartacus. Regards sbm

Marnie M

Thank you Seibassman7 of course I would send updates, although been waiting for good news. I have had such kind words and concern I would let you know any news.
What I am learning about micro chips isn't greatly confidence inspiring and if you want to see some of the info I am contending with read the following I have copied and pasted from a missing dog blog ...! :

I found a dog and asked my vet of 10yrs to scan. they would not reveal details to me - so I had 2 choices leave it with them and either they would make contact with owner, or they would hand to dogwarden, or take dog home inform dog warden etc. so I wrote to royal college of vet surgeons phone 020 7202 0789.

they replied with a 2 page letter and a sheet headed RCVS POSITION - THE ROUTINE SCANNING OF DOGS AND CATS FOR MICROCHIPS

and a sheet headed J. MICROCHIPPING PARTS 1. TO 7.

- they enclosed Annex J - their paper headed microchipping which I expect can be googled

Annex J microchipping

5. ownership dispute

an ownership dispute may arise where a client presents an animal with a chip registered in another persons name. with their consent both parties to the dispute can be put in touch with each other.

6. if a client declines to consent to the release of his name and contact details of the animal and microchip a vet should breach client confidentiality to pass necessary info to petlog reunification service. if registered owner declines to consent to the release of his name and contact details these should be known to the petlog reunification service

7.petlog reunification service will then seek to reunite the animal with the registered owner or update the relevant database

etc etc etc

another sheet headed RCVS POSITION

.........it was not the role of the veterinary surgeon to "police" their clients.

if a pet is found to be registered with a different owner from the one presenting the animal this would raise the question of whose responsibility it would be to sort out the problem -IT IS NOT THE ROLE OF THE VET TO ACT AS A POLICE OFFICER

for further info contact

lizzie locket
head of rcvs communications
020 7202 0725
email l.lockett@rcvs.org.uk

I expect this can all be googled now - hope it helps??????

Make of all that as you will, it seems microchips can help people who want to reunite a dog with their owner, but if they don't.... well... Anyways, I aint givin up on him. Adverts in the local rag next.
Thank you for sticking with us. Marnie _J4E8288 - galloping hound on big tree seat resized.jpghttp://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=93579#.VjaKjJVOfL8

tumbleweed

Hope you find the wee man soon and all is well, cannot imagine losing my wee girl of five years and my 2 month old wee boy.
Somebody somewhere must have some inclination where he is? wish there was some way to help mate.
I hope you don't mind mate but i just posted a link to a good few of my rather large extended family the details of the wee mans Facebook page.

Last edited:

Marnie M

Delighted to have the word spread Tumbleweed, appreciated. Am intending to put big ads in the local papers. The biggest tragedy would be if he is not doing what he most loves, working hard and using that brain of his. I'm not thinking further than that except how to get him home.
Keep calling Spartacus, just in case he is now out your way! And please do let any and everyone know he is at large.