Trainer manual for stalkers question snag list

Q28:
If you intend to shoot one deer how much ammunition should you carry while stalking?

A: (c) One round loaded in the rifle and one in the mag.
(d) One round loaded in the rifle, more than one in the mag and some spare in the pocket.

I would say (d). Does anyone agree? I'm not %100 sure what the examiners are getting at here.

Q87
Shooting any specie of deer in Scotland is allowed on a Sunday?

A:
(b) Only if the shooting would be legal on any other day of the week.

Agree ???

Seems a very longwinded phrasing. I know deer are not game, so the Sunday ban does not apply.

Q113
You buy a farm and woods in wales with no deer there. The options open are?

(b) You may not release any deer there without permission
(c) You may only release red roe or fallow without a license.
(d) You can get permission from DEFRA to release any deer there.

I say (c), although nowhere in the manual does it actually say you can release these species. It says no cervus on Arran and some other islands. It also says no muntjac /sika except with a license. I think (c) but welcome opinions.

That's enough for now.

slider

Q28:
If you intend to shoot one deer how much ammunition should you carry while stalking?

A: (c) One round loaded in the rifle and one in the mag.
(d) One round loaded in the rifle, more than one in the mag and some spare in the pocket.

I would say (d). Does anyone agree? I'm not %100 sure what the examiners are getting at here. Always have a spare round or 2 in case you need a follow up shot.

Q87
Shooting any specie of deer in Scotland is allowed on a Sunday?

A:
(b) Only if the shooting would be legal on any other day of the week.

Agree ???

Seems a very longwinded phrasing. I know deer are not game, so the Sunday ban does not apply. Correct answer, the point of the question is tying it to the seasons

Q113
You buy a farm and woods in wales with no deer there. The options open are?

(b) You may not release any deer there without permission
(c) You may only release red roe or fallow without a license.
(d) You can get permission from DEFRA to release any deer there.

I say (c), although nowhere in the manual does it actually say you can release these species. It says no cervus on Arran and some other islands. It also says no muntjac /sika except with a license. I think (c) but welcome opinions. C is correct

That's enough for now.

see above

VSS

Can’t release fallow only red/roe as these are indigenous

C is definitely the right answer to that question. I think fallow are described as "naturalised" rather than indigenous and can be released, to the best of my knowledge.

Gm81

Subscribe to dsctraining.org. It's cheap. It also gives you every type of section and mock tests. Well worth it.
I've not sat mine yet. But I knew your questions and answers because of it. So it's working for me. Good luck!

Not sure this is correct. Fallow do not appear in Sched 9 of Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981, as 'non - native animals which are established in the wild'.

hendrix's rifle

Subscribe to dsctraining.org. It's cheap. It also gives you every type of section and mock tests. Well worth it.
I've not sat mine yet. But I knew your questions and answers because of it. So it's working for me. Good luck!

I used it and Just sat the exam due to time restraints, works well and it's cheap