travelling to Germany


Well-Known Member
Hi all,
I've been invited to Germany to shoot wild boar by a friend :D . He has offered to sort out a temporary permit for me, but needs a copy of my insurance and "hunting licence" :???: ? any idea if he means my European FAC or some other document?
Hoping someone here knows.
Kind regards,


Well-Known Member
Hi Mark, in most other countries the hunting is regulated through other organisations than the police. As a result the police deals with your firearms license, but the authorisation to hunt needs to come from a different source. Therefore when you go overseas they'll ask you for your FAC and for a hunting license. I would think that your FAC, which states that you are allowed to hunt would be satisfactory. Cheers, Rene.


Site Staff
I think you will find they will require your European Firearms Passport, plus your Level 1 Certificate, and if you have it Level 2.

This is what I had to supply for trips to Finland and they are also members of the EU.

Have a good time ;)

Suffolk stalker

Well-Known Member
Morning I hunt regularly in both Germany and France. Prior to hunting driven boarI need to supply the following :

Copy of Passport.
Copy of European F.A.C.
Copy of Valid Insurance i. e. B.A.SC.or similar translated into the relevant language - B.A.S.C. normally supply by return.

And finally a copy to prove valid membership of the organisation suppling the insurance.

Sounds complicated but actually very easy . Best of luck in Germany.