travelling to Germany

buckup

Hi all,
I've been invited to Germany to shoot wild boar by a friend :D . He has offered to sort out a temporary permit for me, but needs a copy of my insurance and "hunting licence" :confused: ? any idea if he means my European FAC or some other document?
Hoping someone here knows.
Kind regards,
Mark

basil

Distinguished Member
If you own more than one, send them all. Then you`re covered.
Better that than send the wrong one then misss out.
basil.

ReneZ

Hi Mark, in most other countries the hunting is regulated through other organisations than the police. As a result the police deals with your firearms license, but the authorisation to hunt needs to come from a different source. Therefore when you go overseas they'll ask you for your FAC and for a hunting license. I would think that your FAC, which states that you are allowed to hunt would be satisfactory. Cheers, Rene.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
I think you will find they will require your European Firearms Passport, plus your Level 1 Certificate, and if you have it Level 2.

This is what I had to supply for trips to Finland and they are also members of the EU.

Have a good time ;)

Suffolk stalker

Morning I hunt regularly in both Germany and France. Prior to hunting driven boarI need to supply the following :

Copy of Passport.
Copy of European F.A.C.
Copy of Valid Insurance i. e. B.A.SC.or similar translated into the relevant language - B.A.S.C. normally supply by return.

And finally a copy to prove valid membership of the organisation suppling the insurance.

Sounds complicated but actually very easy . Best of luck in Germany.