Trigger pull weight

BucksShooter

I’ve just bought a trigger pull gauge to try and set all my Tikka rifles to the same trigger pull weight.

Having read a fair bit on trigger pull weights I’m just curious as to how heavy you all have your triggers set for stalking.

I’ve set mine to a smidge over 2lbs.

caberslash

I’ve just bought a trigger pull gauge to try and set all my Tikka rifles to the same trigger pull weight.

Having read a fair bit on trigger pull weights I’m just curious as to how heavy you all have your triggers set for stalking.

I’ve set mine to a smidge over 2lbs.

Would not go out of my way trying to get all the triggers to the same weight, as sear engagement is set at the factory and the only 'adjustment' offered to the end user is winding the pull weight spring in and out.

See here: Tikka T3 Dangerous Trigger

An older T3 will probably have a slightly different trigger compared to the new T3x.

Set the trigger pull weight to what is reliable under field conditions, I've set a trigger pull at home and found it way too light in the field, especially when wearing gloves in wet/cold weather etc.

BucksShooter

Would not go out of my way trying to get all the triggers to the same weight, as sear engagement is set at the factory and the only 'adjustment' offered to the end user is winding the pull weight spring in and out.

See here: Tikka T3 Dangerous Trigger

An older T3 will probably have a slightly different trigger compared to the new T3x.

Set the trigger pull weight to what is reliable under field conditions, I've set a trigger pull at home and found it way too light in the field, especially when wearing gloves in wet/cold weather etc.
When I say all my tikkas I mean my T1X and T3x Roughtech 😅 the idea behind it being that I use the T1X as a training rifle as it’s more cost efficient so trigger will be as close to the centre fire as possible

lochty

My Tikka LSA55 came with a non adjustable trigger set at 3.5lbs. Got used to it over the last 35 years and the deer don't seem to notice.....

Dalua

My lightest is a Mauser M12 with a non-adjustable 2.25lb. I've got used to it.
However, I prefer heavier and others area all 3-3.5lb
Pull-weight's only part of it, of course - though I like to be able to feel the trigger under a January-hill finger without any fear that it will fire on contact: hence ideally 3lb or so.
A crisp break with no noticeable movement and minimal backlash matter too. Creepy is bad for my shooting.

Utectok

Mine has a set trigger and a normal trigger mostly I use the normal trigger. Tricky shots where I have time I set the trigger. I don’t know the weight of either about right? I did up the set trigger as it was very light

Heym SR20

I like a pretty firm pull. Weight per se is not so important, a nice clean break that almost takes you by surprise as you squeeze is how i like a trigger pull. I struggle with very light triggers.